Author Topic: Looking for a campaign called "Biowar"  (Read 1556 times)

Looking for a campaign called "Biowar"
Anybody know where i can obtain a Freespace 2 campaign titled "Biowar"? Any help would be appreciated, as i remember having the campaign long time ago, but then i lost it after a hard drive format. I tried to get it at volitionwatch but the link to the campaign doesn't work, Hades Combine didn't have it, and any other efforts searching for the campaign turned up me nothing but spyware filled ad's so far..

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: Looking for a campaign called "Biowar"
I just so happen to have a copy of it lying around my FS2 downloads folder; here you go.  I believe I managed to grab the mods necessary to play the campaign, but I make no guarantees as to whether or not what I have will work right.

Thanks, all the package missed was the "GVI Cairo" mod, textures for the Phaistos, and a proper ships.tbl that includes all the ships included in the campaign, i had to do little piecing together to get all the 3 ships, and GVI Cairo in one ships.tbl.

Though i think the Phaistos ship entry i got is a bit wrong, most of its turrets have a weapon like "unknowen Super Laser", or "unknowen turret"..

Infact FS2 crashes when i try to run the campaign, you wouldn't have a proper ships.tbl for the campaign?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:44:24 pm by Akalamanaia »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Nope, sorry.  I think I grabbed it from VW a few years ago, and I cobbled together the necessary mods as best as I knew how; I don't think I've ever attempted to play it.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
I emailed you Biowar, biowar2 and the ancients mod.  It works with FSO so I sent the mod files also.  I think it will still work with FreeSpace 2 retail.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.