Author Topic: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1  (Read 47243 times)

Re: RELEASE - Flames of War: chapter 1
I searched Freespacemods.net, but found no model named Typhoon. Either it's not there or it's under a different name. I also redownloaded the files, but the game still says '109 errors/bugs detected' on startup. Maybe the Freespacemods download has no squad logos or the music files as the download only has the main vp, models vp, and the nameplates.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Methinks it's this: http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.114

I'll see what I can do about the music files....mayhaps I'll just end up ziping everthing into one file and be done with it.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Model shows up now, but now I'm confused on another matter.
In 'Courage or Folly?' I saved all, but one of the convoy, including the med ship PLUS Blue Point Station AND the starliner and the debrief tells me how well I did saving everybody, BUT... it says I failed when I select accept.
Debriefer: "Congrats! You saved everybody! The convoy, the frigate, the starliner, and Blue Point!"
Alpha 1: "Thanks."
Debriefer: "But you failed anyways."
Alpha 1: "....****...You....?"

Nevermind, I passed the mission. It seems that if the starliner survives, I fail the mission. I replayed the mission and completed it, but with the starliner being destroyed and then it says that I won the mission. Another odd thing is that the Vasudan corvette was the one to destroy the starliner. It missed the NTF corvette and hit the starliner...

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:14:55 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

I did that prior to the above. Don't you put the new files in the FOWfolder/data/missions folder?

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:15:09 pm by High Max »

I just noticed something, first in a mission then in the tech room. It seems theres parts of the Fury model missing. Looking from the top, what I've mistaken to be fighterbays turned out to be two rectangular holes in which I can see through the ship with a couple turrets 'floating' above the holes.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:15:43 pm by High Max »

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Looks like a missing texture to me... Try download the Fury model from Freespacemods. Even better, download FOW_COTS. It has the latest versions of all of my models.

Crap, my FOW Chapter 1 folder in on the old disk.

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:15:52 pm by High Max »

Downloaded Cots and tried it out. It's Fury model turned out to be OK so I took all the model files from it's model folder and dropped them all (couldn't tell which was the Fury so I just selected them all) into FOW_Chapter1/data/models. But the Fury in FOW_Chapter1 still had the holes. Gah!
Besides that though... The mod runs smoothly despite the supposed '109 errors detected.'

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
;-)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 08:16:03 pm by High Max »

It does that in the tech room and the first mission the Fury appears in, but I havn't continued beyond that point, yet.

EDIT: Checked and it seems to do it in the other missions as well.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 04:16:20 pm by Jubster032 »

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Downloaded Cots and tried it out. It's Fury model turned out to be OK so I took all the model files from it's model folder and dropped them all (couldn't tell which was the Fury so I just selected them all) into FOW_Chapter1/data/models. But the Fury in FOW_Chapter1 still had the holes. Gah!
Besides that though... The mod runs smoothly despite the supposed '109 errors detected.'

I said missing TEXTURES. There are only models in the models folder. Maps are in the maps folder. You want those.

Oh... OHHHHHH.
*slaps head*
(1 minute later)
That seemed to do the trick as the holes are gone. Thanks.

Offline MC_K

I'd like to say this is one of the best campaigns I've ever played. Long, innovative, interesting and difficult.

Sorry for necroing, I'd just like to pass my thanks to the authors.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Exile
I didn't express my feelings about this campaign before, so I'm doing it now. FoW1 is really good mod, with interesting storyline [FS2 from another point of view. Orginal idea :yes:], cool new models and autenthic FS2 feelings. Good work Trashman :).
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline TrashMan

• FLAMES OF WAR
Necroing the campaign thread when someoene has issues or wants to critique is normal. Nothing to be sorry about.

And thank you for the kind words.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
I get an error about two missing weapon classes when loading the first mission. Anything to be worried about?