Author Topic: Why wasn't there a Vasudan and Shivan campaign?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline bizzybody

• Space Viking
    • Fandemonium 2008!
Why wasn't there a Vasudan and Shivan campaign?
This is one place where Freespace diverged from most of the 'three race' games in the 90's. Games like Starcraft, Star Trek: Armada, Dune II/2000 and others had either one Human and two alien races or three Human factions with a full campaign for each. (The Outforce would've been another if not for the publisher pushing it out the door before it was 100% finished.)

Full campaigns from :v: for the Vasudans and Shivans would've been so cool, especially if some of the missions were the same ones in the Terran campaign from the other side's POV.
"They were really only teeny little A-bombs, honest!" Dr. Charles Dart

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Re: Why wasn't there a Vasudan and Shivan campaign?
I think the closest FS gets to that is some Vasudan and NTF multiplayer missions. There aren't any official Shivan ones though.

Multiple campaigns with different storylines has historically been much more of an RTS thing for some reason. In fact, I can't think of any non-RTS game I've played with them. (maybe Battlezone, but that was half RTS)

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I think a campaign from the Shivan POV would have destroyed their mystique, to be honest. 

Yea, a Shivan POV mission wouldn't work well for me. I'd love to fly as a Vasudan though. Those were some of my favorite missions in FS2.