Author Topic: "hacked media tables" don't yell at me pleese  (Read 24575 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Re: "hacked media tables" don't yell at me pleese
Err... sorry for borrowing the topic for a second, but it seemed appropriate. Anyways, this "error" is caused by having the MediaVPs turned on? If so, is there another way for me to look up my stats without reverting to the main /data folder? I don't really care for statistics, but it'll be nice to see progress once in a while. :)

I do have one or two tables lying around in some of the extra VPs I put in the MVPs folder, if only to get the HTL Zeus working for example.

Hrmmm... though now I wonder, how would one play user-made mods online with stats tracking. I assume the answer is no? (I can see the implementation being troublesome anyway, so perhaps just the ability to play online with said mod is fine enough... forget about stats, if it works then that's okay, I guess? :))
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Basically, I think the way the team want things to work is that the current CRC checking will be expanded to include campaigns and mods as they are released, so that games like Beyond the Red Line will be able to be played multiplayer as well as standard FS2 games. I'm assuming the stat tracking system would be divided up by Mod at that stage :)

I understand the emotion surrounding the subject, but to be fair,

[DW]-Hunter is not trying to discourage use or development of the current build. His intentions and arguments are in good faith and quite in line with everyone else's

His advocacy of Tom's build will have no affect on new development, taylor has expressed that quite clearly.

In fact, [DW]-Hunter doesn't care at all which build is used, as long as it works for his specific purposes. He happens to play a LOT of multi-player, and so speaks with some authority on the current situation.

He's only insisting on using a) the least trouble free version, b) for multi-player, c) at the moment, d) for him and the people he plays with (that's a pretty narrow argument I think)... When the new build comes out and it works better for him, he'll drop Tom's like a rock, and will necessarily quit advocating its use.

Exactly, although I do appologise on how my additude is twords bugs. But like huggy said, im not trying to drive people twords toms. I use both because some people cant play SCP or dont want to. I will say SCP is getting less and less buggy, and starting to become of my liking. But the fact you guys act like toms build is inferior and then try to justify that you have no problem with it, like saying you would rather blow your face off then run it. Is just not necessary. Tom put a lot of work into his build not to be insulted by this community, but he wanted multiplayer to be played rather then abandoned because of the huge number of bugs in the past SCP builds.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
But you have to realise that part of the reason there were so many bugs is because the multi community weren't at all willing to help the SCP by reporting them. The majority of bugs I fixed for multiplayer in the last six months were mostly under 2 years old. In other words they were introduced after Tom's Build had come along and persisted because no one knew about them in order to fix them.

And in the end we're back to the point I made earlier if the multi community don't want to support the SCP I see no reason why we should go out of our way to support them. And that includes pointing out the flaws in Tom's build whenever you decide to come on these forums and try to claim that people should use it because it's better. It's not better. In fact it's rapidly becoming worse the longer it is neglected.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Did i say it was better? I think not. I said I didnt care whatever I use.

The majority of bugs I fixed for multiplayer in the last six months were mostly under 2 years old.

Nobody cares when they were there, 3.6.5 had major problems so thats why people started using Toms. However I did say before that the tables are turning and 3.6.9 is A LOT more stable then anything before it, and might I add, I like being able to alt tab now without people dropping! :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 06:25:04 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
    • http://www.shatteredstar.org
Nobody cares about what you said, but the important people care about when they were there, because that determines the sequence of events.

Also, I was the one who said I'd have my face sandblasted off than use Tom's build. That still stands. If he wants to make something that's not "exploit easy" and inferior to what is out today (At one point or another, I used almost all versions of the SCP builds to play multiplayer, and the constant crashing is a bull**** myth perpetuated by people who don't know how to fiddle with the settings correctly and what not to do - sans the standalone of course) I'd be more than welcome to use it, but as it stands now, Tom's build is trash in comparison to the current SCP build.

It's not that I'm disrespectful. It's that it's the way things are.

Wow dude, your one ignorant little baby aren't you. Can't respect other people's property because you think your all that and you have never even tried toms so how the **** can you going to judge it. You can kiss my next appology for anything goodbye, this is complete bull****, i make a positive remark and you go ahead and bag on me.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 10:08:52 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
For a start the pair of you can calm down. And name-calling is especially unnecessary.

Nobody cares when they were there, 3.6.5 had major problems so thats why people started using Toms. However I did say before that the tables are turning and 3.6.9 is A LOT more stable then anything before it, and might I add, I like being able to alt tab now without people dropping! :D

I never said that earlier builds were bug free. And I've already explained on the previous page that this is why people started using Tom's Build. But my point is that by doing so you've made it harder for us to fix the bugs that have accumulated in the code since Tom's Build came along.

The multi community took a very short sighted view when it came to creating Tom's Build. Had they bothered with the SCP instead of turning away complaining about bugs (several of which were and still are due to data errors rather than anything wrong with the code) the bugs in multiplayer would have been fixed long ago.

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
I am never anything but calm. Also, I did not call anyone any "names". Please don't attribute things to me which I've not done :)

Just wanted to see a bit who's being dealt with here. It is clear without a doubt now that any justifications or attempted explanations are wasted.

You know... unless you like repeating yourself continuously.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 09:26:10 am by BlackDove »

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Well you could be a bit more tactful though. Which is what I meant by calming down. As for name calling I'm well aware you didn't do any of that :)

I'd just rather this didn't turn into yet another DW-Hunter Vs the SCP flamefest. :)

Blackdove doesnt relize that im not trying to tell everybody "use toms", so he flames me about it.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 12:03:22 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
Well you could be a bit more tactful though. Which is what I meant by calming down. As for name calling I'm well aware you didn't do any of that :)

I'd just rather this didn't turn into yet another DW-Hunter Vs the SCP flamefest. :)

You have to admit though, there was no other intention for it to be so. The whole point of the discussion was to say "What have you morons done with the SCP, my build doesn't work with it. **** you, fix it." Any evidence to the contrary is just a vantage point for insults and aimless brashness.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
And I've gone to great lengths to explain exactly why Tom's Build isn't going to get any special consideration from the SCP. The point is that now I've explained exactly why SCP changes will cause problems for Tom's Build any future outbursts can be dealt with much more harshly.

I said I didnt care whatever I use.....
....the tables are turning and 3.6.9 is A LOT more stable then anything before it, and might I add, I like being able to alt tab now without people dropping! :D

*sigh* I have explained myself over and over, I have said I simply dont care anymore about toms vs fsopen, blackdove is bringing past threads into this matter, and this whole topic on toms vs fsopen needs to be dropped.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 01:08:56 pm by [DW]-Hunter »

Offline BlackDove

• Star Killer
  • Section 3 of the GTVI
any future outbursts can be dealt with much more harshly.

:yes:

Is someone going to lock this thread or does this contest have to keep continuing because I am getting really frustrated with blackdoves critiszim about my PAST behavior, and not even bothering to read what I have said before bagging on me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 07:56:10 pm by [DW]-Hunter »