Author Topic: TBP Specific SCP Graphics Problem  (Read 1604 times)

TBP Specific SCP Graphics Problem
I posted a thread about this problem on General but sine it's only affecting me when I run the B5 project, I thought it more appropriate to bring it over here.

The screenshot below basically says it all. I'm encountering this annoying pixelated smoke effect whenever -anything- gets hit as soon as I install the 3.6.9 RC7 build. I was having the same trouble with classic Freespace but fixed it after applying the three mp-710 media VP's. I tried doing the same with B5 and they do -not- work so I'm at a bit of a loss. I can downgrade to 3.6.7 and avoid the problem but then I can't play Awakening the Beast. Any of you guys know what's up?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: TBP Specific SCP Graphics Problem
I believe that it has something to do with the change to how FSO recognizes alpha channels in some effects.  A fix for this will be in the 3.4 package, which has the effects properly set with either an alpha channel in a 32-bit dds, or no-alpha in a 24-bit dds.  IPA also has some brand new impact spew effects, that are less intrusive.  An alternative for the meantime, could be to try out some of the early 3.6.9 release candidates, prior to the introduction of this fix.  You can grab the various RC releases HERE.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!