Author Topic: Upgrading for company of Heroes  (Read 1610 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Upgrading for company of Heroes
I am wanting to upgrade my machine to get company of heroes to work smoother on my machine, i was going for a memory upgrade because i have a decent graphics card and processor, at the moment i have 512DDR ram, i was going to buy Kingston Valueram Computer Memory 1GB PC3200 DDR 400MHz 184 Pin but i have ran into a problem, the PC3200 what is that?

When i look in my motherboard manual all it says for the memory is DDR 400, 184Pin dosen't say anything about PC3200 etc. I have the Nividia Nforce ultra A8N-E socket 939 motherboard, will the that memory stick work? i have tried to find a contact for asus for the uk but all i can find is there laptop helpline.

Also does anyone know what the max processor i can put in it is? and will this system be ok for Vista as well?

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+,  MMX,  3DNow, ~2.0GHz
          512MB RAM(Upgrading that to a 1GB)
          DirectX 9.0c
          RADEON X800 GTO
          120GB harddisk

http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline brozozo

• Used to be d3r3k.
    • MySpace
Re: Upgrading for company of Heroes
I'm no expert, but I believe that's another designation for how fast the RAM is. I think; I'm not really sure. Let's use the Way-Back Machine! PC133 RAM is better than PC100 RAM.

I had to upgrade my RAM to get Company of Heroes running at a decent rate as well. I didn't expect the game to be such a beast.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
im going to wait for whatever multiple-race sci-fi epic plot RTS game uses that engine to buy that.

WWII is so old.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
PC3200 is the same thing as DDR400. Getting more memory is indeed the best option in your situation.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Thanks very muchly CP5670, ta very much
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
to get the PCxxxx rating of memory, multiple the DDR or DDR2 number by 8. And vice verse to get the DDR/DDR2 rating from the PCxxxx. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline rms

I think upgrading ram is a good move also.  You should think about overclocking too, tho in your place I would have already spent many hours finding the limits of the cpu and videocard :)

rms