Author Topic: Yellow little blobs replacement TBM (improved weapon effects)  (Read 4947 times)

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Yellow little blobs replacement TBM (improved weapon effects)
So I was sick of firing little yellow blobs, so I got bored and wrote a small modular table and tinkered for about a half hour with it. I replaced the default FS1 effects with effects from the mediavps. If you use the mediavps along with the port and hate little colored blobs, this should help with that, it ain't much, but what the hell.

Hades Combine submission
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 01:07:13 pm by Mars »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: Yellow little blobs replacement TBM
I was waiting for this!

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Ahhh, yes, another file for Hades Combine's archives.

I'm not sure what you mean by "little yellow blobs." Are you talking about the Avenger or something?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I'm not sure what you mean by "little yellow blobs." Are you talking about the Avenger or something?

Yuppers

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I dunno, I kind of liked the Avenger look. :nervous:

What else does this change?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Re: Yellow little blobs replacement TBM (improved weapon effects)
Other than how lasers look, nothin, they do the same damage and have the same qualities.

The Prometheus looks like the Prometheus R, the ML-16 looks like an HL-7 only blue, the Banshee looks... like a Banshee, the S-Breaker looks like the Circe, and the Leech looks like the Lamprey, and the disruptors look kinda Athekton SDGish, but not.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I'm not sure I like the idea of changing the FS1 weapons to look like FS2 ones.  I'd much rather adding things like particle trails, more diverse impact explosions and stuff like that.  I too altered my tables to borrow these from the Media VPs, but I didn't use a modular table unfortunately.  I extracted and edited.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline neoterran

Hmm, I think i do like these changes to the weapons, although I didn't think I would. Although it really changes the feel of the port, it does make it more consistent to FS2. Although I think you should make the HL-16 white instead of blue, so it looks more distinct from the subach.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
I'm not sure I like the idea of changing the FS1 weapons to look like FS2 ones.  I'd much rather adding things like particle trails, more diverse impact explosions and stuff like that.  I too altered my tables to borrow these from the Media VPs, but I didn't use a modular table unfortunately.  I extracted and edited.

Honestly conversion from full to modular tables isn't very hard, you might be able to do that if the changes weren't too far reaching

Hmm, I think i do like these changes to the weapons, although I didn't think I would. Although it really changes the feel of the port, it does make it more consistent to FS2. Although I think you should make the HL-16 white instead of blue, so it looks more distinct from the subach.

I'll try it and see

Offline Mars

• I have no originality

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

I'll take that if you'll PM it to me. :D

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Or you could put it on Hades Combine

Offline neoterran

yeah, the white ones definately look cool.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Yeah, thanks for the suggestion  :D

Offline neoterran

seriously you should get port 3.1 to use this. Also it would be cool if standalone mods based during or before the great war (INFA) could use these effects too :D
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
The response seems mixed... some people don't seem to like this much.

Offline ShivanSpS

the prometheus effect is very good, but the ML-16, Avenger ones.... and i didt see the Bashee and disruptor yet...

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
The Prometheus is the only direct ripoff

I only spent about a half hour doing this, so I wouldn't expect the effects to be all that good, just better than the originals, if you'd like to change around the effects yourself, it's not too hard, have a look at my table and then run with it.

Offline neoterran

They're better, or they look more like FS2 as far as not being huge gigantic blobs, but they still keep the color and spirit of the FS1 weapons. I'm a fan.
Chief Grognard.

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
Thank you.  :nod:

I'm still tweaking it on and off, and IMO my current one is better, I'll update the old one soon so people can tell me what direction it went in (in terms of up and down), and we'll see.