Author Topic: REQUEST: Voice acting!  (Read 74900 times)

Re: REQUEST: Voice acting!
Hey everyone!

I have been a Wing Commander fan since the glory days of WC3, but I just discovered this mod recently.  I finished the prologue about 1/2 an hour ago and was totally enthralled...it's great work!  As such, I thought I'd try to help out any way I could so I'll be sending in my files within a day or two.

Offline greeneo

Is the project still needing/wanting more submissions?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Yes, we are still in the casting process, although we have started recording voices for the Hermes campaign.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
there are multiple ones ?

also, how to get this message like sound to goldwave, my speech sounds always a little crappy
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
no, just one - but the amount of voice work is tremendous, which is why we have started recording lines.

Could you clarify your problems with Goldwave? Thanks!

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

just just sounds like i am talkting, not if I am using a com. Do you use the emptymessage.wav or what ?
By the way, if you really need that much voices, I think will will mail my interpretations of those lines posted earlier. Does they need to have this twist with the emptymessage or whatever ?

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
what's the empty message? And we are adding the radio filter ourselfs.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
just how squeeky/cattish do you want your kilrathi voices?

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Vidmaster

And we are adding the radio filter ourselfs.

Using with modifier ?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
a rather comlicated batch filter (Adobe Audition)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Vidmaster

will it be okay, if possible casting sounds won't contain that radio filter  :nervous: ?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
they are not supposed to contain the filter. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

There gonna be some latin pilot to put some sudamerikan accent to the speech?

The voice are from TCS control or by the pilots?

There some especial program that U want to people use to record the voices?

PD: Sorry if U had responded this questions before ^^

Offline DiabloRojo

• Como los chupacabras para desayuno.
    • Dienet - The Place You Go to Die (back after 5 years, baby!)
I've had a lot of fun with the Prologue and would like to try out if there's any room left.  My 'normal' voice is pretty deep and may work for an older character.  I can also get by with some accents, though I expect that wouldn't be needed with the widely international attention this one is getting!

Regardless I'll give the try-out lines a go and spam your inbox Tolwyn :)

On a side note, I recently made a mission with a good bit of voice (in my sig) if you'd like to check the ogg files from it, but I've run heavy filters over them so they may not help much.  That and most lines were first attempts since I knew the filters would mask a number of imperfections.

Blitz here I am interested In doing some VActing, I've alrdy made some difrent recordings and I'll be emailing you.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Just got my new mike...so I can help in this department.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
*whew* Two years have passed since I did my first and last Wing Commander Saga audition. I figured it is time to erase the 'last audition' and do a new one.

Tolwyn, I sent my new takes to your @gmxpro.net inbox. Hope you like what you hear. :)
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Betos

I will also try to contribute to this project as much as I can. So I am going to send you some testrecords. Hope you like it.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
To everyone, who submitted auditions during the last few days - I am going on vacation, so it may take up to ten days to review your submission. :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

I will record this things, if you have a need for german accent  :D
And perhaps my girlfriend too... (asking myself how many favours it will cost...)