Author Topic: REQUEST: Voice acting!  (Read 75100 times)

Offline CaptJosh

Re: REQUEST: Voice acting!
Oops. Ok. I'll get something off to you shortly.

EDIT: Correction. Now that I have sound recording and editing software installed, I'll get something to you soon.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 04:54:59 am by CaptJosh »
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Ivresse

Hi there, I was just wondering if auditions were still going on, as I've only just found out about this and am definitely interested.

I'm 27 and I live in London. I've not really got any voice acting experience as such, certainly not for mods, but I have done some Light opera work including several leading roles involving dialogue, so I thought I'd give it a try. If you are still requesting voice actors, I'll try to send some of my voice acting as soon as I can.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
sure, go ahead! :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

I'm so sorry that I completely forgot that I was going to resubmit a bunch of mine recorded at higher quality. Do you still want them?
I have prior voice acting experience doing a large portion of voice acting for "Combat Construction Mod" for Tribes2, (Unfortuneately our head dev joined the army just shortly before I had finished recording and editing so we never released the voice comms) and a few miscelaneous acting things as both a vocalist and actor in plays ect. Actually have an audition for a TV Show Pilot on Saturday. Anyways, you've already heard some of my work if you still want me to resubmit at a higher quality I would be more than happy to

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
yes :D

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline CaptJosh

I'm sorry I haven't gotten anything submitted yet. I'm still learning how the latest update of my preferred recording software got rearranged from before it was bought out by Adobe.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

"Fighting Cocks Squadron".  That cracks me up...

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
Welcome!

But I don't understand what is the problem with the squadron name?  Cock fights are very common in the world.

Oh.. let me guess: You're not a native english speaker and you don't know that the word cock has more than one meaning?
In that case I suggest that you look in a dictionary for that.

-Aginor
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
What about "Raging Cocks Squadron" or "Bleeding Cocks Squadron" or something like that...

By the Way,I dont think that Cock is defined in a regular Dictionary...at least it isnt inside mine... :D

Cock = D.I.G.
Cock = Male Chicken

You can cock a Bow...you can cock your D.I.G... :D...and if you add a "adau"...its a Cockadau... ;7

I hope I did the right Translation...at least this is what my enhanced Dictionary told me...

Ohh and if WC Saga Team is in search for a "Kraut" Pilot or Someone like "Iceman" (yeah I know he died in WC 1)...that says Someone who only have to speak three Words a Letter...than im the Man for you... :pimp:
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
IIRC the name is a little gag because something with that name exists in our story writer's real life or something like that.

And for a good dictionary (at least if you are German) Try www.odge.de

-Aginor
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Art Kelson

• Ontop a Mountain
Wow thanks...that will help a lot...my Dictionary is a bit limited...

There are more then 40 Definitons for the Word Cock in German Language...

The most funny one was...Cock of the North...no its not Abe Lincoln...its a Bird... :D
Bosch does Drugs...

Offline Rescator

• Absurdist
    • EmSai
I'd like to try for a role or more.
Tolwyn did you get my email?
If not let me know and I'll re-email it!

"Normality exist in the minds of others, not mine!" - Rescator

Offline Captain Moran

• WCS Voice Actor
I'm pretty sure Tolwyn is on vacation at the moment and my not have (or want) access to his email.

He is very good at responding to requests so just hang tight.

Moran out.
They are not toys. They are collectables.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
I'm pretty sure Tolwyn is on vacation

That's the point :)   I'm sure he received the mail and will get back to you asap :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga

I did receive a lot of emails. Not sure if I get one from you though :)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
I updated my WC samples... I found that the more comfortable I got with the lines the more I "deviated"  ;7

And while I might find a "Raging Cock" squad a BIT odd  :wtf:, in Macross 7 there is a "Pink Pecker" squad (It's CANON!) Bwahaha...  :lol:

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 01:56:02 pm by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Rescator

• Absurdist
    • EmSai
I did receive a lot of emails. Not sure if I get one from you though :)

Ok, re-mailed it just now as "Rescator, Wing Commander Saga - Voice Audition" this time previous was "Wing Commander Saga - Voice Audition" zipped the wav attachment this time too, not sure why the first one fail. Which worries me, mail vanishing is always creepy as one tend to look at it as reliable (though spam filled :)

"Normality exist in the minds of others, not mine!" - Rescator

Offline meh

Hello , i'm 21 from Poland. I'm an amateur , never had anything to do with voice acting. I might have a slavic accent , if it is ok i'd like to try :)

Hey im a 24 yr Old Voice Actor from the UK

I have recorded those 26 Lines twice :)

I have a Studio Condensor Mic with Pop Filter

So quality is very good

Seems like an awesome project

Evening,

I just finished playing our prologue campaign and as a game designer, I have to say I'm really impressed. Which is why I joined the forums to offer my helping hand at the voice acting. (if you accept people with foreign accents that is)

If you do, just send me a note and I'll get working right away.

Cheers,
HraTaika