Author Topic: REQUEST: Voice acting!  (Read 75104 times)

Re: REQUEST: Voice acting!
I will voice act

files can be found in your inbox (or where you keep your 2 month old things)

Joshua "Falcon" V.

hallo

just wondering wats happening

i sent a load of voices to you pal but no responce as of yet

should i keep making them or should i stop?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
as far as I recall you sent an incomplete package telling me that you'd be sending more later :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Cirdec_aka_Ace

• Veteran pilot
Greetings Tolwyn ;

How is it going by the way ? I didn't have any info since you came back from vacations :)
Quite a long time my samples have been sent actually...^^

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
and your mail is? :)

I've received a lot of auditions, I can't tell which are yours. I am still collecting voice actors data, by the way, to ensure good quality voice acting.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Cirdec_aka_Ace

• Veteran pilot
my mail is : amiralace at gmail.com
My last sending was a zip file called "wcs_acting_ace1.2".

Do you still need a voice? If so, i´ve got some files here.

Offline Aginor

• Spelljammer
IIRC we still can use some new voices.

And.... Welcome to the board!
Member of the Scooby Doo model Fanclub "verticies and splines are the medium and he is the artist."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Wow, I forgot that I never got around to submitting anything for this.  I've PM-ed you my attempt at the lines. :)

Hi, sorry that i didn´t send you my files yet. But i´ve got some sore throat, so that i couldn´t record them again. And the old files, that i´ve recorded sounds to bad.

Offline Drakon

• Thud-Wielding Menace
Still need recordings? I don't really have any experience with this but all that matters I suppose is trying to pitch in. The files are in PCM format and 8 khz mono. If you don't mind me asking, how and to what should they be converted (since my attempts to do so thus far have resulted in corrupted files), and how would you like them submitted?

EDIT: on a less serious note I can put a slavic accent on lines or do decent Sean Connery impressions. :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:43:56 pm by Drakon »
C.M.C. "Drakon" Cunningham

Writer, WCIII/IV junkie, one-time Freelancer hotshot, and uh... quaintly eccentric.

Offline knorke

Hey, If don't mind a little accent (I'm German) I'll give it a try ^^
ARRRH Matey!!!!!

Offline Jbman

• Still considering Blender...
    • My Personal Website
I would like to help out, if you can use my voice.  I'm definitely not in my 20's (44).  I'll send you the voice audition files tonight.
Grrr, Is this how FRED is supposed to work? ...stupid debriefings

Hi, I'm definitely interested. I've done some voicework in the past and will be sending you my stuff.

Heads up guys, inc voice load out.  Sign me up.
The big cool ship...

Offline Acin

Voice acting: polish, german, russian
Hi!
I'm new to this mod, but I thought why not help out. I'll send a sample to Admiral with 3 batches of commands in english but with a polish, german, and russian background accent. Please let me know if it is/was of any use. I'd be glad to help out in the future.

Martin
Find me on Skype as Martin Laske in Germany, Oberwesel

Offline Acin

Re: Voice acting: polish, german, russian
I thought If one want to give WCS a less "American" face one could also try to introduce some real foreign "battle chatter". I mean in a possible future galactic conflict the training and the putting up of squadrons would be probably done on a national level. Therefore why not put up some battles with other squadrons, say from China, Russia, Poland, Italy, or Brazil, where the English speaking player would feel caught a bit off guard, but still fly having fellow humans around:-)
During the Battle of Britain in 1940, two polish squadrons 303 and 302 have excelled to become Royal Air Force's best squadrons. The pilots were veterans who managed to escape to UK following Hitler's Campain in Poland in1939. They used of course polish to communicate between eachother and English to communicate with the Air Command. I thought, why not pick up such plot? There could be some other Squadron flying off the TCS Warsaw, TCS Frankfurt or TCS Minsk(for example) co-engaging one's own targets?...

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
If you have played the german version of Starlancer you would get a feeling how that would sound. OK might be that the german version has it a bit overdone with the acent but sometimes it was totaly funny to listen to.
You argument would be true if confed didn't decided to set one language with the unification of earth....but we don't know that as far as I know.

Anyway its more disturbing to have to strong acens in a game.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"

Offline Acin

I'm glad you had something to laugh about :-) I can of course lessen the accents, but that is up to you. Just let me know. Nevertheless, On this occasion I'd like to congratulate you on the game. It is wonderfull! I think it hits the spot, however, is there a place where I can gets some hints on how to solve the missions? I'm stuck in one and I just can't go on. That is a bit frustrating. Is there a thread with "spoilers?".
 I'll send Tolwyn one more batch  of voices without any accents and you people make the call :-)

Offline gevatter Lars

• Another wingnut
    • http://gevatter_lars.tripod.com/
Their is a thread about mission related questions. You might want to look into that.
"Yes! That is my plan, and I see nothing wrong with it. I figure that if I stick to a stupid strategy long enough it might start to work."
 - comment to "Robotech: The Masters"