Author Topic: TBP doesn´t start with build 3.6.9!  (Read 2193 times)

Offline Dr.Zod

TBP doesn´t start with build 3.6.9!
Hi there folks,
it´s long ago since I played TBP, it´s time again I thought!
So I installed everything like described (TBP 3.2 , Update 3.3, Update 3.3a), even changed the tbl files like described. But when I run launcher (3.6.9 with fs2open 3.6.9) and configure all and click run....loads a bit then just crashes with ordinary "free space encountered a problem and must be quit..." window! Strange!!!
So I tried build 3.6.7 configured it and press run, and you know what it just runs fine :confused:
So my question is, where is the damn problem what am I doing wrong, since there are people around here who seem to run and play with build 3.6.9 (some report glitches in smoke or something).
Any suggestions or comment would be fine, I know you could say "well just run it with 3.6.7" but since 3.6.9 is out and it has new eatures id like to try that.

Thanx in advance for help.

Dr.Zod

Re: TBP doesn´t start with build 3.6.9!
Hi there folks,
it´s long ago since I played TBP, it´s time again I thought!
So I installed everything like described (TBP 3.2 , Update 3.3, Update 3.3a), even changed the tbl files like described. But when I run launcher (3.6.9 with fs2open 3.6.9) and configure all and click run....loads a bit then just crashes with ordinary "free space encountered a problem and must be quit..." window! Strange!!!
So I tried build 3.6.7 configured it and press run, and you know what it just runs fine :confused:
So my question is, where is the damn problem what am I doing wrong, since there are people around here who seem to run and play with build 3.6.9 (some report glitches in smoke or something).
Any suggestions or comment would be fine, I know you could say "well just run it with 3.6.7" but since 3.6.9 is out and it has new eatures id like to try that.

Thanx in advance for help.

Dr.Zod

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/rc7dot9x.rar

i find this to work.... thanks to other forum members.  So hope this will help you out too

Offline Dr.Zod

http://icculus.org/~taylor/fso/testing/rc7dot9x.rar

i find this to work.... thanks to other forum members.  So hope this will help you out too

Thanks for the try but still no luck. I don´t get it, you say with this one it should run?
What configs do you use in launcher?

Thanx anyway

Dr.Zod

P.S. I just tried to run it in D3D, and it runs fine with it. But since it looks ****ty, it isn´t realy cool. So i figured it must be a OpenGL problem, but what kind of? Becaus with 3.6.7 it runs just fine, hmmmmmm :confused:
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:39:25 am by Dr.Zod »

Offline Kernal

Ya I can't get any 3.6.9 builds to work either.
However you should use opengl instead. D3d isn't supported.
“I am mighty!  I have a glow you cannot see.  I have a heart as big as the moon!  As warm as bath water!  We are superheroes, men; we don't have time to be charming!  The boots of evil are made for walkin'!  We're watching the big picture friend!  We know the score!  We are a public service, not glamour boys! Yeah! Not captains of industry, not makers of things, keep your vulgar monies! We are a justice sandwich, no toppings necessary. Living rooms of America, do you catch my drift? Do you dig?”- The Tick

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
TBP 3.3a will cause problems with newer builds, it is advised by the staff of TBP to remove or delete it.  :)

(edit) There seems to be a bug with making wings with certain ships also, It is believed to be a fred related problem if my imformation is up to speed.

Ah, yes, D3d support is being phased out, (removed) from FS2open.. For the simple reason it would take a ton of code work and a great deal of time to get it working half decent.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 08:10:04 pm by Whitelight »
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Dr.Zod

Well I solved the problem with build 3.6.9. I had to update my grafic driver :ick:
But I´ll stick to 3.6.7 until the final release of TBP 3.4 (don´t want the glitches with smoke etc.).

Well thanx for your help anyway

Dr.Zod

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
For accuracy's sake - there aren't any glitches with smoke in 3.4.  As for updating your graphics driver. It must have been really old, but thanks for the warning. I'll mention it in the 3.4 installation instructions.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Dr.Zod

Yeah sorry IPAndrews, cool with 3.4 my fault! But are the flashes when a ship is damaged supposed to be like they are, on small ships when you are in close external view, they seem to be squary. Just a question, they look cool on distance (mostly you are far away). Another thing, the lighting on small ship weapons (pulse, etc.) is very faint if it is there at all (thoght I saw some minimal). On big ships (beams) just fine.

By the way, great job on this mod, I personaly like the Babylon theme, best mod so far (until BTRL but this can last a bit :ick:)!

Greetz

Dr.Zod

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
I haven't noticed the square thing. Do you want to post a screenshot? We whacked the lighting on the weapons up to full. All of them. So they're pushed as high as the game engine will allow them to be pushed. Before we did that they were non-existant on small ships.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.