Author Topic: Multiplayer  (Read 989 times)

Offline Mets

So...does anybody ever play multiplayer?  I read the setup guide on game-warden and seem to have everything working fine, minus some weird hacked tables thing, but everytime I log in I see absolutely nobody.  Just a couple of open rooms .  Does everybody play on FS2net or am I in the completely wrong place?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Multiplayer is in a strange vicious circle at the moment. Lots of new people appear who want to play. They log on, find no one playing and go away again.

As a result there is never anyone playing, so no one ever plays.

What needs to happen is setting up a few regular times when people will be playing. Once that happens and people get used to it you'll find people popping up to play at other times too.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
I'd play, but I'm on an Internet setup that I don't control, and therefore cannot forward ports on.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline Mets

hmm, yeah that would be good if more people played.  Is it really necessary to forward ports to play?  I don't think I am and it still works...That would be a good thing to code out if possible.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It isn't always needed to play. It is needed to host.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]