Author Topic: Visual Studio 2005 build problems  (Read 6253 times)

Offline ares

Visual Studio 2005 build problems
Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you guys can help me. I'm trying to use visual studio 2005 with the CVS HEAD version without much success. While I can see the code, building doesn't work so well.

I tried two ways so far:

I used the project file (solution) in projects/MSVC_2005, which had a lot of missing library paths (like directx, openal, oggvorbis, etc). Also, some projects were missing, I think, like the openal and lua ones. So that didn't work.

Then, I tried to convert the projects/MSVC_7 solution, which worked a bit better. However, that one seems to miss directx and openal as well. I tried to add the extra include paths, but it still doesn't work.

Is there any setup which I can use directly? I'm getting a bit frustrated... I'm coming from the gcc world, so I'm a bit of a beginner using visual studio...

If you guys can give me some hints, that would be great!

Thanks!
max

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Re: Visual Studio 2005 build problems
The only MSVC project workspace that is reliably maintained is the MSVC 6 one.  You could try importing that.

Offline ares

Thanks. That helped. Still had to modify it a little, and I'm getting weird errors like

BSCMAKE: warning BK4502 : truncated .SBR file 'Debug\Profile\jcapimin.sbr' not in Debug\Profile\code.bsc
BSCMAKE: error BK1513 : nonincremental update requires all .SBR files

which makes the build fail. Then, if I click "Link only", it works.  :confused: Also, if I right-click on the source file (e.g. jcapimin.cpp) and click compile, then building will complain about another .sbr file. I played this game for a while, and it didn't seem to stop.

The same happens when I compile Freespace2.

Any ideas?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yeah, that's a very annoying problem which strikes me every so often.  Just disable "create browse info" in each project, then do a full clean and rebuild.