Author Topic: SCP patch download  (Read 5366 times)

i was trying to download the patch that lets inferno work with SCP when i found it was on fileplanet. i'm not a subscriber to it and i don't intend to be so can someone give me a mirror to the patch?

thanks in advance
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

I don't believe there is a mirror. If there is it isn't located on the site.

Now no matter what you may say: you do NOT need to subscribe to Fileplanet to download stuff from them. Trust me, I download stuff all the time from fileplanet and never once have I had to subscribe.

You just click a download location, then wait in those stupid on-line queues, then you download the file. The on-line queues never take more than three minutes or something like that.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

how do you do that...? i mean when i click the link on the inferno it just takes me to the subscribe screen

i never once got past that screen in fileplanet after maybye a month's worth of time spent in that effort

« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 11:52:36 am by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

how do you do that...? i mean when i click the link on the inferno it just takes me to the subscribe screen

i never once got past that screen in fileplanet after maybye a month's worth of time spent in that effort

Subscribing isn't all that big of a hassle.. a yahoo/hotmail account is easy to create, and once you enter in your registration info to FP you never have to worry about that e-mail address ever again.  ;) 

Alternatively, you could download the patch file from my uber-slow old webserver:
http://thestuff.webhop.org/
if you're that reluctant to use FilePlanet. 

EDIT: Oh, and another thing about my site: my webhost doesn't let me upload files with the extension .exe, so you'll have to rename the file to an .exe if and when you download it.

Scroll down to the links under "Free Public Servers". These will have a "Download Now" and a "Skip the Line" option (the latter of which will take you to a subscription screen). You hit "download now", and a new window pops up. This one will show you how long you have to wait to use the server. When it says "Download Ready", you hit download, and there you go!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Scroll down to the links under "Free Public Servers". These will have a "Download Now" and a "Skip the Line" option (the latter of which will take you to a subscription screen). You hit "download now", and a new window pops up. This one will show you how long you have to wait to use the server. When it says "Download Ready", you hit download, and there you go!

where am i doing this? the home page?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:44:49 pm by haloboy100 »
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

The page you go to after you hit the link to download the Patch on Inferno's website.

i already told you ( i think). when i hit that link, it takes me to some kind of "subscribe now!" thing on fileplanet which i have no idea how to bypass.

and fsi, your link is worthless. i can't save the file anywhere (just starts downloading to apperently some random location) so i can't open/view/change the extension on the file.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

i already told you ( i think). when i hit that link, it takes me to some kind of "subscribe now!" thing on fileplanet which i have no idea how to bypass.

and fsi, your link is worthless. i can't save the file anywhere (just starts downloading to apperently some random location) so i can't open/view/change the extension on the file.

right click the link and press "save target as.."

you can select the folder in which to download the file.  i'm guessing you just straight clicked on the link - in which case the file was saved into a temp folder.  :blah:

Also, I think I know what you're saying: FilePlanet's structure has changed over the past few months.  It used to be that you could do exactly what DH was talking about, but now I think you have to register (it's free) with FP before downloading.  I may be wrong, though.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You need to register a free account to use fileplanet.

The 'Don't have an account? Click here to get one!' bit should be the free registration.

free????? all the options have prices under them!!! i hardly call that free.

and can someone explain to me how do change file extensions...
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Are you clicking on the right link? :wtf:

and can someone explain to me how do change file extensions...

When you right click the file and press save target as, click the little down arrow where it says "Save As Type" or something like that.  Then, make it "All Files."  Change the .renametoexe in the File Name box to just .exe.  You're set then!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It says "Save as Type: __________|V
The 'V'.

now it says "this file contains invailid data" when i double click it.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You want the text I quoted that should be above the really big pictures with the prices.

finally i'm getting somewhere... :mad:
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

WTF!?!?! now it says when i try to register that there already is an existing account with my nickname and email.  :confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

i don't beilieve it...i already have an account...i logged in....what. the. ****.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

haloboy100, if you're STILL not satisfied, I went ahead and made a "HLP common" FilePlanet account for everyone's use:

Username: [email protected]
Password: freespace2

now it says "this file contains invailid data" when i double click it.

That's why you should have renamed it when you pressed Save Target As.

You can still rename it now - open up a random folder on your desktop, go to Tools (on the menu) and Folder Options, then click on the View tab and uncheck the "Hide file extensions for known file types" checkbox.  THEN, go to the place where you saved the .renametoexe file and.. rename it to .exe.