Author Topic: The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.2  (Read 6636 times)

Offline ShivanSpS

The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.2
I have no idea of what happened to the previous tropic :S (of about 6 months ago).

The full version (no ETA, could be another year (University, sorry :P), the full version will start two weeks before the first Shivan attack on Ross128 and will end some days after, and yes, the player will be in Ross 128 at that moment, doing "something" :P

You play for the GTI, this is a improved demo, this demo have 2 missions, the first one and... well I have no idea the mission number of the second, could be the 7 or 8... anyway, that will be one of the last missions of the cover operations in Vasudan Prime :P

What I expecting for the full version?

-about 25 missions
-some cutscenes :P
-This will be a great campaign.
-fix all grammar errors :P:P:P:P:P:P:P

For play this demo you need to have FS1_port 3.0.3 or 3.0.4 and Lightspeed nebulas.

Have fun!

http://files.filefront.com/TDAdemozip/;6605321;;/fileinfo.html

I accepting suggestions.

EDIT: I think about incluiding the M1c in the demo, but i change of mind, but for some reason i uploaded the old campaing file, anyway,, download the attachment, and place it in the_dragon_awakes/data/missions.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 07:42:51 am by ShivanSpS »

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Re: The Dragon Awakes Final Demo 0.02
Good. I will test this stuff.

Check your PMs..
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Check your PMs..

NOOBODY expexts* the grammar inquisition!

Can't people use proper abbreviations? In this case, if you want to abbreviate "Personal Messages", the correct from would be "PM:s".

PMs refers to something else altogether (which I sincerely doubt that Shivans even have). And only Cylons would joke about that. Period.

Thank you and good bye. :lol:

*[sic]
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline ShivanSpS

HAHAHAHAHAHA, In the briefing of the first mission I called "Intrepid" to the Krios!! HAHA i dit not noticed this until how hahaha, one never knows when the bugs going to stop appearing :P

BTW, you will also noticed that when you are suposed to be stop and wait for docking, the ship can still use the afterburner... that another SCP bug... the player should not be able to use the afterburner under AI control :P, moving from the position may broke the entire mission xD.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 04:31:59 pm by ShivanSpS »

Offline ShivanSpS

Guys, sorry about that SCP, which that bug you simply can not complete the second part of the 1st mission... I recomend to delete the campaign file, and play each mission manually.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Can't people use proper abbreviations? In this case, if you want to abbreviate "Personal Messages", the correct from would be "PM:s".
:wtf: Since when is a colon used for pluralization? :wtf:

LieutenantGeneralMobius wrote the plural of PM correctly.  It's PMs, not PM's and definitely not PM:s.  It's distinct from PMS because the S is in lowercase.

Offline ShivanSpS

Hey Goober, you really need to lower the damage of those Barracuda missiles, 1000 damage is crazy :P

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
:wtf: Since when is a colon used for pluralization? :wtf:

LieutenantGeneralMobius wrote the plural of PM correctly.  It's PMs, not PM's and definitely not PM:s.  It's distinct from PMS because the S is in lowercase.

Meh, I dunno, it just feels odd to me. Perhaps there are very very different rules with abbreviation pluralization in English than in Finnish, but in my view "PM" is not an actual word, it is two words abbreviated to look like that but IMHO it's really not right to just slap the appropriate ending after it. So there needs to be something to indicate that there is actually stuff between the M and s... Perhaps my native language mixes me up then. :rolleyes: Not that important though.

I hope the campaign is released intact soon...
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline ShivanSpS

OMG, in the second mission Cancer 3 have Shields HAHAHA!, I have added that one just before upload the demo :P, sorry about it :P

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Herra: I just wrote PMs....

muchacho :D English make sno difference between you singular and you plural. Check your PMs is refered to you, ShivanSpS!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline ShivanSpS

Herra: I just wrote PMs....

muchacho :D English make sno difference between you singular and you plural. Check your PMs is refered to you, ShivanSpS!

I didt see any PMs there :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
muchacho :D English make sno difference between you singular and you plural.
Unless you're in Philadelphia, that is. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Really? Good for you.... I don't like the absence of differences between you singular and plural and the double meaning of "love" (friends or partners? Boh).

ShivanSpS. I sent you a PM time ago...it was about a link you have on your signature.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline ShivanSpS

is nothing there, and please, everyone, stop the ridiculous grammar discution.

Offline NickM

Shivan:

I have a BIT of a problem with your demo---I'm NOT sure if it's one of the bugs you have encountered before but here goes: My controls freeze RIGHT when the ship I'm supposed to dock with reaches the Jump Node; as soon as they call for me to approach to within 100 meters of THEIR ship my controls lock & my engines die--all except the afterburner of course; OH and my ship doesn't have any weapons...I get as far as I do because I use cheats to kill the Vasudan ships in the mission....
Any instructions need to be explained VERY slowly---I'm not VERY computer savvy.

NickM

Offline ShivanSpS

that the idea, but why you dont have weapons? you can tell me the name of your fs1 port folder?

Offline NickM

Shivan:

the folder is just titled: fsport; the folder with the demo I renamed to say the_dragon_awakes; I am unsure as to what other info you need.

NickM :confused:

Offline ShivanSpS

that is your problem,

look in the mod.ini in the demo.

[multimod]
secondrylist = ,FS1_port_3,mediavps;

Change "FS1_port_3" to "fsport".

Anyway you should not be able to pass the second mission because of the SCP bug, so, fail it 5 times or use the cheat to going to the next.

Offline NickM

Unfortunately I am not sure what you mean; I checked into the FS1port & found ONLY TWO items that come even close to what your mentioning:

One item called: fsport3_0_3.vp & another item called: fsport3_0_4.vp;

I can't find anything with 'mediavps' on it;

I DON'T EVEN KNOW what a mod.ini is...I don't know what it looks like;

nickm

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
He means your "the_dragon_awakes" folder. Go to that folder, not the FSPort one, and look around for a mod.ini (editable with notepad). Find the [multimod] line and edit it as necessary (in your case, rename "FS1_port_3" in the [multimod] line to "fsport". Since you renamed your FS Port folder, you have to edit the mod.ini so that it searches the correct folder for the files).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 12:26:18 am by asyikarea51 »