Author Topic: HELP. Possible tbm bug. (New media vps testing)  (Read 1266 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
HELP. Possible tbm bug. (New media vps testing)
Please, SCP team, take a look to this Mantised report:mad:

I don't know what happens and I need it solved to continue testing DaBrain's new Media Vps compilation.

Thanks in advance  :yes:
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Re: HELP. Possible tbm bug. (New media vps testing)
You didn't install the MediaVPs properly. I'm not sure who told you to get rid of your sparky_fs2 VP, but they were wrong to do so. Policy for the MediaVPs has always been to leave the retail VPs intact.
-C

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
You didn't install the MediaVPs properly. I'm not sure who told you to get rid of your sparky_fs2 VP, but they were wrong to do so. Policy for the MediaVPs has always been to leave the retail VPs intact.

He's making sure that he doesn't see any of the effects from the retail stuff.

However, there's probably some .tbl files in there that you need. Not sure, don't have VPView on this machine.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
However, that isn't how the MediaVPs are supposed to be used, so it's not like the error needs to be fixed by the next release, and it's not really a bug.

The way that modular tables work, they attempt to load each file as it appears in a table. Since newglo9 will appear in root_fs2.vp, Freespace 2 will attempt to load it. It will not be found, so Freespace2 displays the warning.
-C