Author Topic: What does the number of primary weapon banks mean ?  (Read 1344 times)

What does the number of primary weapon banks mean ?
 Hi all, I've just started playing FS2 (after having played intensively 5 years ago). My question is:
What does the number of primary weapon banks mean ? That is, what's the difference between a
fighter with 2 primary weapon banks and one with 4 ? The perseus has 2 of them, the Herc II has 4, but
you can just mount 2 weapons on them (for example, two subach 7). So when I fire with them,
I see the same number of beams (4).  ???
N_D

Offline Shade

Re: What does the number of primary weapon banks mean ?
It determines how many actual shots can be fired at one time. While you may only have two primary weapons, those can each be tied into a number of banks. So a single Subach HL7 linked to four primary banks will shoot four bolts every time you press the trigger.

The banks are not shared between weapons though. They are each linked to their own set, so a fighter with 6 banks and two primary weapons like, say, the Ares, could have one weapon firing two bolts and another firing four, but they can't both be linked to 4 or for that matter 6 banks.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Thxs for your answer Shade. So if we take my example:
* Perseus with 2 pr. weap. banks and 2 subachs 7
* HercII with 4 pr. weap. banks and 2 subachs 7

I see 4 beams with the Perseus. So that means there are 2 subachs in each of the 2 weap. banks, right ? Otherwise I should only see 2 beams.
I also see 4 beams with the HercII. Why don't I see 8 ?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Perseus - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
HercII - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Myrmidon - two banks, 2 firepoints on one, 4 firepoints on the other, total = 6
Herc1- two banks, 2 firepoints on one, 4 firepoints on the other, total = 6
Ares - two banks, 2 firepoints on one, 4 firepoints on the other, total = 6
Pegasus - one bank, 2 firepoints, total = 2
Loki - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Ulysses - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Erinyes - two banks, 4 firepoints each, total = 8

Ptah - one bank, 2 firepoints, total = 2
Seth - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Horus - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Serapis - two banks, 2 firepoints each, total = 4
Thoth - one bank, 4 firepoints, total = 4
Tauret - two banks, 2 firepoints on one, 4 firepoints on the other, total = 6 (I didn't know about this until I saw it in the loadout screen using the "show models" launcher option.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Thxs for your answers guys !