Author Topic: Downloading FS1  (Read 1014 times)

Now i know im probably gonna get flamed to hell for starting this topic, but heres the deal : -

I dont have a clue how to run DAEMON tools. I downloaded FS1 + ST from www.nukelol.com , and it came in .BIN and .CUE format. This meant i had to emulate it into a CD, or a virtual CD, but i dont have a bloody clue how to do that.

So, is there anywhere ELSE i can get FS1 and ST ? I seemed to be able to download FS2 okay (from HOTU), so where the hell can i get a good , working copy of FS1 ?

Help would be greatly appreciated. Not just for my sake, but for all new-comers to the FS universe

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
much faster than re-downloading the discs would be to follow the guide I wrote on this old version of a wiki page. Look for the section on Virtual Clone Drive. Tells you everything you need to do.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

I have used DAEMON tools to create a virtual drive, ran the .bin, installed FS1, but the damn thing wont run. It opens up autoplay, and when i click play, nothing happens. I re-installed it, and get same result. I re-downloaded it and installed it again, same result.

Ive done everything right. WTF is goin on here ?  :hopping: *bashes DAEMON*

If you've downloaded the SCP, could you not just download the FreeSpace Port? That's what I used, though I do own a retail copy of the original.

As for the Daemontools issue.. I'm not too sure what the issue is there. It's been a while since I had to use Daemontools. First and most obvious piece of advice is to read the "readme", which is often classed as an .nfo file, though you can open this in Word. Most of these files tend to be filled with a lot of meaninglyess symbols for the first part, so scroll through until you reach the intelligible bit. In my experience, the procedure for running games can vary a lot depending on which game it is, so make sure there isn;t something in particular you have to do to get it to work mentioned in the readme.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(.

upgrade freespace 1 to v1.6 and it will run, i had the same problem. (U may also want to run it in compatability mode)