Author Topic: Sol: A History install question  (Read 3751 times)

Sol: A History install question
I recently had to delete and reinstall my whole FS2 directory.  The first time I installed it, I used the Shivan 1.5 pack, and Sol:  A History was included, and seemed to work fine.  This time I used the online installer, and S:AH wasn't included.  The only download link I could find had me download a .zip file, however the installation seems dicey, it tells me to just unzip the data folder into my main FS2 directory and "everything will go where it's supposed to"  This sounds like pre-SCP nonsense that won't really work, there's no VPs included in the .zip, and I obviously wouldn't be able to run it from the launcher like I did before.

I've perused the threads here but can't find any info on this, could someone please let me know if there's a different place to get S:AH, or if there's not, how I go about getting these files in the right places?  I've included a screenshot of the contents of the Data folder the zip file contains.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: Sol: A History install question
If you plan to run SAH with the SCP it won't work very well as it uses pre patch R1 tables which have a lot of bugs the SCP debugger will complain about.

Oh, well I guess that's that then.  Thanks anyway man.

Offline CaptJosh

Not necessarily. Someone around here came up with a patch for S:aH that let it run on SCP without complaint, OTOH, that was a major release ago, so I don't know if that same patch will work with the 3.6.9 SCP.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shadow0000 was working on one but... progress is pretty slow and/or stopped.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CaptJosh

I know at one point I had gone through and fixed my copy of the weapons.tbl that was being so troublesome. Of course, now one could run S:aH as a submod of Inferno R1 SCP and just use tbms for the weapons that S:aH might have that the R1 SCP patch doesn't have... I dunno. It's something I wouldn't have time to do. I already have a couple game mod projects on my plate, plus I need to do some voice acting samples for WCS.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline neoterran

Shadow made a patch, but the SCP has changed so much since then, it's now completely out of date. Basically, S:AH is pretty much toast since Shadow couldn't finish it.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Yes, the installation was dicey because it's wrong. It talks about the pre mod way of doing things.

Try this:
http://huggybaby.fs2downloads.com/InfernoR1_SaH.rar

Offline neoterran

HuggyBaby thanks, that's fixed both Inferno and S:AH for me. :D
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Cool, thanks to ShivanSpS really!

The reason I packaged them together (IIRC) is because the mod.ini for Sol a History shows that it uses the Inferno vp file (so it's good that you installed Inferno too, especially since I didn't mention it  :)); thanks for the confirmation and thanks again to ShivanSpS for his incredible attention to detail.

Thanks Huggybaby, and thanks to whoever made Sol, I really liked the parts of it I had played thus far :)

edit:  Thanks to Shivan too, natch.  Sorry :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It was Blaise Russel.

Hi I did exactly as was stated and I can't seem to get past the commit screen, it keeps saying I have to add myself to players wing. And I can access the ship selection, so i can't start the mssion. Does anyone know the solution for this?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
FS2Open? I'm not sure it works with the SCP. You also need INFR1.