Author Topic: holy mary mother of god.....  (Read 11040 times)

holy mary mother of god.....
okay, im going to sound like a total noob, i know...but i just played Inferno for the first time ever today.....

If there was ever going to be a mod that comes close to being Freespace 3, this is it.

In freespace 2, everything was bigger, badder, meaner, and had a greater sense of intensity and dramaticism to it.

Inferno does all this to Freespace 2. Its just....unbelieveable......breathtaking.....

To the Inferno team. Congratulations.

I think you guys have a right to rename 'Inferno' to Freespace 3.

Offline Qwer

• If it bleeds, I can mod it
Re: holy mary mother of god.....
No, we haven't got that right and even if we'd have it, we wouldn't do that. I partially understand you as my first reaction on entering techroom was also jawdropstofloor. :p However after several days of looking at it you'll discover that Inferno isn't even close to being FS3. Primary power of FS universe was, is and always will be plot and climate. Inferno lacks of it. It also lacks of realism (if you take a look at capital ships, you'll notice that all of them are more or less Anti-Cap :p ).
If in your opinion there's no difference beetwen "Master Game" and "Game Master", I can only feel for you.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Inferno has always been the FS2 mod closest in spirit to FS2, and thus makes really the best sequel. Hence why most people react to it by dubbing it FS3.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We then get the anti-inferno people flaming when that happens :p

We then get the anti-inferno people flaming when that happens :p

meh to them I say. Inferno just blew me away.....LITERALLY ! *Flew into the line of fire of an enemy capships main cannons while trying to knock out its guns  :blah: *

Well, as far as introducing new stuff goes, Inferno is the best mod / campaign ever.

As far as plot and mood goes, there are others out there that surpass it (Transcend, Sync)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Well campaigns like Steadfast have plenties of messages and elaborated plot. There are many INFR1 campaigns developing that may satisfy you once they're completed...there also is DH's Dreamcatcher...

I think that Inferno is essentially a "pure mod". There are campaigns released with INF packages, but it's all up to fans creating INF campaigns that...have what more "official" INF campaigns do not have. There's something in the works...soon you'll change your opinion about INF campaigns plot!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

There are many INFR1 campaigns developing that may satisfy you once they're completed...there also is DH's Dreamcatcher...
ay, there's the rub...
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
After a bad mark in maths, I can't guarantee a regular FREDding.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Dysko

Well, Vasudan Commander, if you like good news, Steadfast Ep1 was planned to be released before Christmas :P
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 01:14:57 pm by Darth DySkO »
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

the campaign is ready, it's just in a LONG testing and improvement phase.
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Snail

• SC 5
After a bad mark in maths, I can't guarantee a regular FREDding.

Ugh. I got 64% in my English. :mad:

As far as plot and mood goes, there are others out there that surpass it (Transcend, Sync)

I agree with you. I personally liked the FS1 feel much better than the FS2 feel because it was eerie. Inf had a different feel. It was much more like FS2 with the sound effects especially. The mod pack wasn't that great either, too. If you see closely, you can actually find loads of errors in most of the models. IMO, Inferno's modpack was good mixed in with the bad. And same for INFSCP. Some of the Shivan Fighters, the Pakhet and the Danaus make me frown. :ick:

But there are loads of great stuff in there like the new Nemesis, updated Lucifer, Megaera, Amritaya (by the looks of it), and of course the Bellerophon.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
But there are loads of great stuff in there like the new Nemesis, updated Lucifer, Megaera, Amritaya (by the looks of it), and of course the Bellerophon.

Bellerophon?? that isn't in the 1st release of Inferno or the SCP patch is it? been a while since i played inferno, having to much fun with inferno Alliance.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Snail

• SC 5
No, the Bellerophon has not been released...

Well, Vasudan Commander, if you like good news, Steadfast Ep1 was planned to be released before Christmas :P

Whats that ? (Forgive my noobishness)

Inferno was the first mod for FS2 that I ever played.  For the longest while I refused to play anything outside of the Inferno universe, but there are a ton of cool mods out there.

None released yet to compare with the extensiveness of INF though :)

Offline neoterran

Fighting against the nemesis above earth sure is cool.

But it's woefully out of date. There are all kinds of alpha issues when i play inferno with the latest mediavps.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Odd, I never have any problems at all, and I'm using the 3.6.9 build... *shrugs*

Dreamcatcher Part 1 shall be released... soon.  :p
And it will be released! That I promise you!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started

Yup...

Be ready to DL about 3 mb of missions!
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dysko

Whats that ? (Forgive my noobishness)
It's a campaign of which I wrote the plot before summer. I planned to make it use only INFR1 files, and it was made by me and Admiral Edivad. Then, due to my FREDing ineptitude, progress slowed a lot. Also, I thought that if nowadays an aircraft carrier is planned to remain on service for 50 years, the GTVA can't replace all his ships in 30 years, so we added many FS2, FS1 and user-made ships. Then LieutenantGeneralMobius joined the team, the campaign re-gained momentum and in Episode 1 the number of mission increased from 7 to 25.

Be ready to DL about 3 mb per mission!
Corrected in the quote :P

Seriously... the first mission, quite simple, is 123 kbs :blah: Imagine how will be big the complex missions! And you'll need to have INFR1, INF:A and LS's nebulae :P
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Mission 2 and 3 are over 130kb. And mission 1 is going to have more messages.
The Lightblue Ribbon