Author Topic: Inferno Chapter 2 in SCP ?  (Read 9170 times)

Inferno Chapter 2 in SCP ?
Hi, ive checked out the inferno website, and ive completed Chapter 1 in SCP (Damn good) , but im wondering, wheres Chapter 2 ??

Re: Inferno Chapter 2 in SCP ?
It's being worked on.

No, it is kaput. Woomeister is the sole member of the original team still working on it (and for some reason he has consistently refused recruiting help with it). The original storyline was dropped anyway, so R1 is very much out of date, in terms of storylines. INF SCP (as the project is now called) will redo R1's story, and hopefully continue it beyond that.

Woo's concerned with his Inferno mini-series Inferno: Alliance at the moment as well, he's working on the second installment. Maybe after that work on INF SCP can resume.

Addendum:
Personally, I have doubts that any significant progress will be made on it without a full team behind it like it had before. It's not that I doubt Woomeister's abilities as a coder, but one guy can only make so much progress on such a large project on his own...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline CaptJosh

See now here's the problem I have with you saying this. You're not working with him, so you don't know **** about what is and isn't being done other than what he admits to publicly. Therefore, I suggest you STFU already.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Sids working on some stuff for the INF SCP main mod right now.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
See now here's the problem I have with you saying this. You're not working with him, so you don't know **** about what is and isn't being done other than what he admits to publicly. Therefore, I suggest you STFU already.

I do believe that Woo started the INFA project because he was bored with INF SCP working on his own.

Sids working on some stuff for the INF SCP main mod right now.

Rebalancing, right?

Damn shame that....showing off the Gigas in Chapter 1, then going nowhere with it....  :(

I mean, only half of the new ships in the tech room that came with INF i've seen in action? And what about all this talk about player-mounted flak guns and beam cannons on bombers? I havent seen any !   :blah:

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP

I mean, only half of the new ships in the tech room that came with INF i've seen in action? And what about all this talk about player-mounted flak guns and beam cannons on bombers? I havent seen any !   :blah:
Those were only for the new INF SCP release. They were not planned for R1.

Damn shame that....showing off the Gigas in Chapter 1, then going nowhere with it....  :(

it's a business technique: create expectation... :D
(you'll hate my campaign <if released> if you say the end of inf1 is a shame...)
Steadfast  Project Member

INFERNO: ALLIANCE

Offline Snail

• SC 5

it's a business technique: create expectation... :D
(you'll hate my campaign <if released> if you say the end of inf1 is a shame...)

Which campaign? Steadfast?

Which campaign? Steadfast?
yes. of course not only "my" campaign....Some parts are done with that purpose... create expectation. but expecially in the next episodes, so don't worry for now :D

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
You mean episode 3285135643671, right?
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

You mean episode 3285135643671, right?

No, ep 3285135643672:D 3285135643671 is linear and predictable...

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:lol:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

yes..i FREDed a mission with it and saw the almighty subspace weapon in action..... :shaking: :jaw:

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The subspace weapon isn't all that powerful. It was designed to be used using scripting and self-destruct SEXPs and stuff like that.

Offline Dysko

The subspace weapon isn't all that powerful.
:wtf:
Some times ago, I FREDed a very very very original mission (Gigas vs Icanus). The Gigas used the subspace rift against the Icanus and destroyed it.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Rampage and I are working on INF:SCP right now. First up is the new EA war saga (completely rewritten from scratch), then chapter 2 will come after that.

Offline neoterran

I just hope the Nemesis is still in it in some fashion and that you can fight above earth. That was the coolest part of Inferno.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

The subspace weapon isn't all that powerful.

i'l give ya that, the icanus beam is like twice as powerful as that. still damn good though
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.