Author Topic: Problem with Sol a history  (Read 2781 times)

Problem with Sol a history

Hi I thought I installed Sol a history properly in SCPbut I can't seem to get past the commit screen, it keeps saying I have to add myself to players wing. And I can't access the ship selection, so i can't start the mssion. Does anyone know the solution for this?

Re: Problem with Sol a history
S:AH is very difficult to get working properly with SCP. You'd have better luck trying to play it off of retail FS2. The only SCP-compatible version is now long-outdated, and non-functional.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Before you give up, try this, it has worked for others:
http://huggybaby.fs2downloads.com/InfernoR1_SaH.rar

Sol a History uses files from InfernoR1, so make sure both directories are installed.

Offline neoterran

There are still some problems, like the moon in mission 2 of the first campaign is all ****ed up for me. (but i'm using a custom setup so it may just be due to that)
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Hmm, I can't help with custom setups, there's too much that could be changed. :(

Actually Huggy I used that archive you posted and I am having that problem.

Offline neoterran

Shadow0000 before he disappeared had upgraded all the planets to high res (they look like ****) and fixed the sun (same) It's really too bad it was never released because the planets looking so odd and out of date really drop you out of the realism. But now that they're totally broken in some cases who knows. and my custom setup is really only 3.6.9 + taylor's vps.

Chief Grognard.

Okay maybe my last post wasn't clear. The problem I have I have is in mission 1 of the first Sol campaign. It won't let me commit at the briefing screen. It just says I need add myself to the player's wing. I can't do that because the first mission doen't have have ship selection.

Anyone have a workaround? And Huggy thanks for the pack I am using it and seem to be able to play the second campaign.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There are still some problems, like the moon in mission 2 of the first campaign is all ****ed up for me. (but i'm using a custom setup so it may just be due to that)

Well, INFA has hi-res planets.

Offline neoterran

Well, INFA has hi-res planets.

Yes, that's true, perhaps some work could be done by some enterprising soul to port over the relevant planets to Sol : A History
Chief Grognard.