Author Topic: Old games you can only semi-remember  (Read 6445 times)

Offline Roanoke

Old games you can only semi-remember
Use this thread to see if other people share your memories!

1) Arcade game similar to early GTA but on the side of the police and no one foot stuff. Think it was called APB ?

2) Final-Fight style arcade game where one of the avatars was a baby in an open top mecha (seriously!) ?

3) Another final-fight style game where the avatars were robot ninjas. As you took damage the "human" disguise would be damaged and cyborg elements were visible. Set in an army base (figting soldiers, tanks etc) ?

or did I just dream that little lot ?  :doubt:

I changed the title to get rid of that letter, it was driving me nuts ;) - Flipside
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 09:56:20 pm by Flipside »

Re: Old games you vcan only semi-remember
If 1 has a wheel, and you pull people over by targeting them and hitting the siren, it's APB.
2 is absolutely positively Captain Commando. 
3 is "The Ninja Warriors"

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Not exactly a game, but it's somewhat close:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLeEIY97bY

This thread actually got me thinking about it again. I last saw it when I was 3 or 4 years old and lived in a different house. I remember it used to come up at seemingly random times and I used to run to the TV whenever I heard it starting.

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I haven't seen that in aaaaaaaages.
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Davros

Old games I can only semi-remember

deus
half
system

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Old games I can only semi-remember

deus
half
system

:lol:

Offline neo_hermes

• MmmmmmNode!
  • What the hell are you lookin at?
Global ThermoNuclear War
Scorch
Defender
Prince of Persia 3d.
Hell has no fury like an0n...
killing threads is...well, what i do best.

Offline Roanoke

If 1 has a wheel, and you pull people over by targeting them and hitting the siren, it's APB.
2 is absolutely positively Captain Commando. 
3 is "The Ninja Warriors"

Found 'em on wikipedia. cool.

Finally found what I now know was called SWAT Kats. Fuc4in' loved that show.

I remember playing this really brutal 'gods eye view' shoot-em-up, where you used the most brutal weapons and splattered blood all over the place. Graphics werent half bad for its time either (came out in early 90's) ..

I remember playing this really brutal 'gods eye view' shoot-em-up, where you used the most brutal weapons and splattered blood all over the place. Graphics werent half bad for its time either (came out in early 90's) ..

Crusader No Remorse/Regret?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
There was a DotT-style adventure game based on Indiana Jones... I remember it as being connected with the Holy Grail, but I can't find it to do-err, read about! :nervous:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Er.....you mean that one?

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I have that one. It's good, but not nearly in the same class as Fate of Atlantis. The combat system is much more important in it, but it doesn't work very well.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
i remember this game where you gradually ate things and got points from it and used the points to evolve and it was all throughout history
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Er.....you mean that one?

Yes! How come I couldn't find it when I looked for it a few years ago? Oh well. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Tur, that was EVO: The Search for Eden, an SNES game.  You start out as a fish and work your way through the ages.

I remember a game, I believe it was for the NES.  It was a top-down, vertically scrolling game where you controlled tanks (or perhaps jeeps?) and fought hordes of enemies.  The bosses were pretty crazy.  Some were mechanical, others were quite demonic in nature.  No idea what the title is.
~Delta

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Anyone remember Scarab of Ra? Man I wish I could play that game again, just for the nostalgia.  :(
I am a revolutionary.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Not exactly a game, but it's somewhat close:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLeEIY97bY

I remember that thing, bugged me that he always got nailed on the third one.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
From the comments there it seems that he occasionally won the game. I don't know, I was too young to remember anything more than the pictures and sounds.

Mathman did occassionally win, though it was uncommon.  I think I saw it happen all of twice, and I was fairly fond of square one back in the day