Author Topic: saitek vs ch  (Read 5278 times)

Offline neoterran

that has nothing to do with USB2.0 and more to do with the fact the Hard Drive on the IPOD can only sustain very mediocre write/read rates. 480 Mbps is around 60 MB/sec, most portable hard drives won't get to that.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
im well aware of bits-bytes conversions. 30 gigs in 3 days? my math says its doing less than 1 mbit.

thats:
30000000000 bytes
* 8 =
240000000000 bits
/ 72 hours
3333333333.3333 bits/hr
/ 60 minutes
55555555.5556 bits/min
/60 seconds
925925.92594 bits/sec
= 925.9 kbps, with overhead, 1.1 performance

thats some ****ty drive performance. and this is the drive used in 4g ipods, i use a 5gen but it should be a similar drive. as you can see, the drive performance excedes the throughput im getting. this is going through a 2.0 port and the ipod supports 2.0. unless theres some driver glitch or some magical thing im not doing. usb 2.0 simply does not exist!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:47:01 pm by Nuke »
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline neoterran

yeah that does suck. But consider my "usb 2.0" creative muvo v100 transfers at around 700 kbps max and you'll feel better. That's a flash player as well. However, my sandisk cruzer micro transfers around 2.5 to 3 MB/sec, so I know my USB 2.0 works. Just some devices suck I guess.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
thats what it looks like, but i have this feeling that my usb just isnt configured properly. i remember when installing my mobo drivers, the disc said usb 2.0 requires sp2, which i then installed. but with all the usb 2.0 devices i own, at least one would work to specs. i think the problem may just be that the ipod cable they give us isnt 2.0 rated. wouldnt be the first time a company tried to pull that stunt.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN