Author Topic: Homeworld 2 is too difficult  (Read 22174 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Homeworld 2 is too difficult
Looks like I did badly in that mission. Now I'm screwed in the next one because the enemy has a fleet of over a million ships compared to mine which is limited at about 50. That's okay I'll retake the mission. There I did better this time and finished it with more ships surviving. Oh but now the dynamic difficulty has kicked in and the enemy has over three trillion ships.  But oh isn't it pretty. Admiring the beautiful backgrounds and in the foreground my fleet being repeatedly raped from behind by suprise ambushes.

My apologise for this belated attack on Homeworld 2. I tend to buy games very cheaply on budget because I am a cheapskate.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:07:46 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: Homeworld 2 is too difficult
I share your pain. Homeworld and Homeworld 2 both built enemy fleets based on the size of your own. The trick is to enter the mission with an iddy biddy fleet and then build like the devil once it all kicks off ;)

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
 :nervous: i thought HW 2 was too easy... i had no real probs in it.. Sure your fleets gets slaughtered every once in a while but good recon prevents most of those

There were no real challenges like the sphere made from 100+ ion frigates (or thereabouts) or like the asteroid collision mission in HW 1
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
There were no real challenges like the sphere made from 100+ ion frigates (or thereabouts)

Hehe, by the end of that mission I had something like 20 salvage corvettes and 50 Ion Frigates that I'd captured with them. Cloaked fighters and Cloak Generators worked a treat ;)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Sometime I really must make a fraps or something of the 9+ Vaygr Battlecruiser wave on Balcora.

But hey, now you too can go whack the New Age mod on Gamewarden to get moving again.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

I beat it fine without knowing this but the secret, if it's too hard for you, is to destroy your entire fleet before completing each mission.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I remember beating that mission that had fifteen hostile battle cruisers with a single higaraan BC and  ten bombers/interceptors and four workers. It was crazy.

Sure there were some hard parts, like that one second to last mission where four BCs two carriers and the dreadnought jump you at once. And then there was the third mission. Other than that it wasn't too bad. I'm still gonna wait a while before playing it again, though.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Strangely enough, I installed the Homeworld 2 Demo the other day, only for it to CTD every time I try to run it!  :hopping: Anyone have any idea why this might be??

Computer Specs

1.7ghz mobility chip
128mb Graphics card (Not an onboard chip)
512mb DDR
Realtek sound card (unsure which model, think it has a HD in the title)
Running Windows XP Home Media Edition

Not at that computer ATM therefore cannot give better specs than this.

Cheers in advance!  :D
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
don't know.

I guess it just doesn't like you. If anything I'd say the graphics card.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
It went wierd on me. I had to reinstall my graphics driver. That fixed it.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
HW2 was always easy to me, does anyone knows of good mods for it?

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
as far as mods go, I thought PDS was fun.... makes the fights a lot less boring. Only problem is there's like 5 different versions and they are all completely different. I don't remember which one I played.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
@PDS: get 7.3.2

Offline Roanoke

the original was much better. they killed the capture dynamic in HW2. I managed to capture every capital ship bar the Raider carrier by the time I got to the Kadesh Gardens plus the odd "trophy" fighter/corvette. My pc was too weedy to run those missions properly  :doubt:

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actualy HW1 and 2 seemed rather easy to me with the ocasional exceptions ! There were 3 or 4 missions in total that i had real trouble with but the rest was quite a breaze! Hope there will be a new HW soon. I rather liked the games.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
the original was much better. they killed the capture dynamic in HW2. I managed to capture every capital ship bar the Raider carrier by the time I got to the Kadesh Gardens plus the odd "trophy" fighter/corvette. My pc was too weedy to run those missions properly  :doubt:

I did that in Cataclysm :)

I'm gonna have to... umm... 'procure' HW1 sometime. It sounds like a really good game.

Yeah, HW1 was awesome.  I beat HW2 fairly easily, only missions I ever had trouble with were the last, the one inside Balcora, the one where you had to protect Balcora Gate (once half my fleet warped in like 300 miles behind my mothership, so I couldn't get them in firing range fast enough to save the generators), and that's about it.

What mission are you stuck on?
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
@PDS: get 7.3.2

Sorry to ask but what era is it? They got at least 4 on the site. :nervous: