Author Topic: step by step port?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline joe.08

Why isnt there a step by step procedure or an "installation for dummies"  for fsport?

Currently I am installing it going by bits and peices of things i have seen in individual posts; which is kind of a pain.

Maybe I missed something but a more helpful sticky for noobs might help..?

.......Um....flame on

I should add, I have retail copies of both games (fs1 and fs2) including the scp mod for fs2 (which is freakin awesome, thanks guys).  Its just that the exact details for getting fsport to run seem to be spread out, or not really centrally located anywhere, compared to fs2open. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 09:22:04 pm by joe.08 »

:welcome:

Installing files by bits and pieces found in random posts isn't generally the wisest course of action. Try the downloads section at the Port's website, accessible either by that link or the "Freespace Conversion" link in the menu at the top of the screen marked "Hosted".
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline joe.08

By bits and pieces I meant thats how I was getting my info on how to get the port to run. Right now Im doing like you said. I am just not sure if putting all the files in one folder is going to get it to work  :p 

thanks for the welcome and advise

Offline joe.08

Well I did like I said I was (i.e. extracted all the fsport files to a single folder in my fs2 directory), and selected "fsport3_0_4" in the mod section of the launcher.

The title screen says it is fs port then the "flight deck is Decsent freespace" but the misions aare all fs2 including trainiing.

any help would be appreciated even if youre condisending.

.......please........help a noob.

thank you in advance

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
Go to the campaign room and select the FS1 campaign.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline joe.08

perfect turey.  I know i read that somewhere, but the context was not clear to me.  thank you, and to all else who responded thank you.

IMHO these are the coolest stlye games ever made (along with xwing and tiefighter); why there arnt more companies making games like this boggles my mind.

All I know is there is a hand full of people in my family who will be excited to see these gems.

thanks to mods and the community for keeping this gem alive.