Author Topic: nebula lost  (Read 1502 times)

Offline ANARKIA777

• I am alone in france on FS2.....
I put the new build 3.6.9, VP3.6.8zeta, and the new nebula lost, i not see them, there is not nebula, Why??? :shaking:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Where did you install all this to?

I suspect I know the cause of your problem. Did you have your new nebulae named in a Stars.tbl in Freespace2\Data\Tables? If so move this file to Freespace2\Mediavps\Data\Tables (You'll probably have to create it yourself) and then they should work again.

While you're at it take a look at the installing mods section of my FAQ and learn how to properly install mods under FS2_Open. The procedure is slightly different from Retail but is a lot better once you have it working.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ANARKIA777

My instalations is proper, no mods, no modif,
when i put the adveffect, the nebulae lost, and when i delete the adveffect, i have the low nebulae :confused:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Sounds like you've installed the mediavps to the main FS2 folder. You really should not be doing that. They should be in a folder called mediavps.

My FAQ has more information or you can just use Turey's installer from the stickied thread on this forum.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage
or you can just use Turey's installer from the stickied thread on this forum.

Yeah, but my Installer won't delete improperly placed files, as there's no fast way to tell if they are improperly placed or just belong to a mod not included in the installer.

And I'd rather not start deleting files in people's folders. That's a delicate matter that requires human interaction.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline ANARKIA777

I find problem, it is OpenGl, with Direct3d i have nebula (adveffect), and in OpenGl not nebula :confused: