Author Topic: Joystick problems  (Read 1950 times)

Hi,

I've got the Saitek X52 and it used to work really nice in Linux (thanks@Taylor for suggesting this baby to me) but yesterday I had a bit of time and wanted to play freespace again and it seems as if one button is always pressed.

There is a mode switch button where you can switch between 3 different modes and it's normal that it is shown as "always pressed" but that makes it impossible to play in Linux. The strange thing is that it used to work fine before and I tried in Windows and it just works fine so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Did some joystick related code in SCP change or maybe the kernel? I am using a 2.6.20 kernel, any ideas?

Offline ni1s

Hi,

I've got the Saitek X52 and it used to work really nice in Linux (thanks@Taylor for suggesting this baby to me) but yesterday I had a bit of time and wanted to play freespace again and it seems as if one button is always pressed.

There is a mode switch button where you can switch between 3 different modes and it's normal that it is shown as "always pressed" but that makes it impossible to play in Linux. The strange thing is that it used to work fine before and I tried in Windows and it just works fine so I don't think it's a hardware problem. Did some joystick related code in SCP change or maybe the kernel? I am using a 2.6.20 kernel, any ideas?
Probably the kernel, try a .19 or .18.

Probably the kernel, try a .19 or .18.

Aww, so I really have to downgrade hm?
* Merlin-TC goes to compile an older kernel....

Which version are you using btw?

Ok, I compiled a .19 kernel again and things work normal.