Author Topic: So.. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ships....  (Read 4912 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Re: So.. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. ships....
Well I had a few really annoying savegame errors and chrashes but I think it was an OK game thinking of replaying it since there apperantly was 5 different endings or something
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Cyker

So far, I think it's a good game.
It's sortof a Fallout meets Deus Ex and watered down a bit.

It's definitely buggy as heck, but since one of my other Favourite Games of All Time (Planescape: Torment) was also a buggy-as-hell program, I can forgive it :)

One thing I wish this had was a co-op multiplayer mode; The scope for exploration the first time you play it is immense - I can't remember the last game I played where I could just wander and trip over cool stuff or run into scary bitey things that need a good shooting.

It is a damn hard game; The number of times I've run into some scary beast or random merc team, then run away only to end up in the middle of a Whirlygig field in my haste... ugh... thank smeg for saves.

The little touches are what make it for me in this game. The way the other stalkers will gather to 'safe' areas during the night, and how you can randomly come across a couple of factions fighting each other. That thing with the local wildlife scavenging corpses is another great touch, and there's the famous guitar-playing russians. (I wish I could understand what they are talking about around the camp fires!)

It does feel like they went for the little touches at the expense of the whole, but y'know what, I like that. Most games these days are the opposite - Solid, but lacking in... I dunno... depth? Immersion?

I'm glad I got it. The fact that it works in Windows 2000 is a plus (Gas Powered Games and EA are on my HATE INTENSELY list for making SupCom and C&C3 Xp-only for no good reason!!!  :hopping: :()

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I'm toying with the idea of getting this, I'll probably wait to see if a demo comes out and try it out if it does. I've got a question for those who have played it though. How forgiving is the combat? Can you take a few hits and keep on fighting like Half-Life? or is it more like Rainbow 6 where you go down after one or two shots? I just can't stand tactical shooters like that where you're so vulnerable. Realism FTL.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
You can take several hits and keep on fighting (on second-easiest difficulty at least). There's a bleeding component, however, so if you get shot you will bleed out some of your health until the wound closes itself or you bandage it (which also restores some health).
The combat is very intense though. Bullet impacts send puffs of smoke outwards, and you can't pull a Unreal Tournament move where you run out guns a-blazing. The AI is very intelligent, and forces you to use cover, advance from one position to the other, check for flanking, etc.

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Well that sounds pretty good. Is it moddable?
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

The SDK hasn't been released yet.  If, however, you mean just plain editing stats and whatnot, that's very easy as is.

Offline Cyker

Moddable?

I'm driving a phracking YUGO!!  :wakka:

(This game doesn't have vehicles in it, but already there is a mod to add it! And I'm glad... they should have put vehicles in the game to begin with. Seriously, they could have called the game W.A.L.K.E.R.....!)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Seriously, they could have called the game W.A.L.K.E.R.....!
* Mefustae finds this pun most amusing

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
They did plan to add vechiles, but dropped it at some point. And I see why. The areas are so small that vechiles don't seem that useful... Probably wasn't all hard to re-enable the disabled vechiles... :doubt:
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...