Author Topic: Want info on cap ship beams  (Read 1182 times)

Offline dan7564

Want info on cap ship beams
Hey all, i'm a big long time fan of the freespace series. I'm glad the community is still so active. Anyway i've been looking around the place for a while and thought that i would have finally found it here. I'm looking for stats sheets on capital ships beam weapons, as in their damage and stuff. i made my own doggy sheet with a lead pencil but was wondering if anyone knew of a more accurate info that might be looming around the place?

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: Want info on cap ship beams
The Freespace Wiki has everything one needs to know.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline dan7564

ah, thats perfect, thanks heaps guys.

Offline dan7564

Maybe i misread somthing, but when i did my little test the beam rate inccreased for the shivens when the difficulty went higher, and decreased for the terrrans and vasudans, and vice versa. Was these tests done on medium? Or is this just what the game code says?

eaither wayt im sure somthing should be mentioned about the difficulty differences, at least a little banner abouve it telling us that there is a differencce.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
IIRC, on higher difficulty levels, your ship accepts more damage from just about everything, instead of ignoring some of it, on lower difficulty levels.

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
1) Player ship takes more damage
2) Beams get different accuracy 'boosts' - for example AAAf (friendly antifighter beam) gets more and more inaccurate as difficulty increases while AAAh (hostile) gets more accurate at the same time.

I'm not sure if beam firing rate gets adjusted.. Wouldnt be surprised if it would though.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light