Author Topic: Graphics glitch with Opera  (Read 4145 times)

Graphics glitch with Opera
I was hoping this problem was just with my old computer, but it's happening on this new one to.  I know it's not a driver problem because that was a geforce2 and this a radeon 9250 (waiting for 8600).

In Opera, if you move your mouse of "Hosted..." and "External Sites....", the ones with drop down menus.  The menus don't disappear after you leave, instead their kind of ghosted there.  It fixes itself when opera is forced to do a window refresh.

This is what I mean:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Re: Graphics glitch with Opera
same here.. (latest version of opera)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
The page menus are b0rked in many more places too when viewed with Opera...

At any rate, recent Opera releases have started t oput my CPU to 100% load (without locking up the PC, though), so I've temprorarily switched to Firefox. :(

Ironically, I've got Opera working perfectly on both 32bit and 64bit versions of Ubuntu... :rolleyes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
That looks nasty.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I prefer both Firefox and Konqueror to Opera, for the reason I get fewer errors
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:14:07 pm by Mars »

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
At first I thought it was a HTML glitch but now I'm convinced its a rendering glitch.  I don't use Opera that extensively but I just tried it out and the problem is present on my machine.  No doubt its somewhat widespread given that we don't have anything really special here.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Well, that top menu bar is some pseudo-exotic javascript done by ignorant ol' me... and some CSS styling done also by me, tho I'm not nearly as ignorant about CSS. :p Doesn't surprise me that the sub-menu doesn't align with it's parent menu, but that glitch with the menu not disappearing definitely does look like a rendering bug.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
I seem to be the only one who are using IE 7 here, I dont get anny errors, but then again I proberly dont have any security either .........
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Nahh, IE7 isn't all that bad, all things considering. I'd rate Firefox and Opera at around a 9 out of 10, IE7 at a 7, and IE6 at around -210100. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

I do like Operas new SpeedDial feature...

Nahh, IE7 isn't all that bad, all things considering. I'd rate Firefox and Opera at around a 9 out of 10, IE7 at a 7, and IE6 at around -210100. :D

Whats Netscape then? -210   :lol:
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
No, I'd actually rate Netscape as a 7 or 8, although for completely different reasons than IE7. :) It and Firefox have the same basic rendering engine (Gecko).

Offline Dysko

IE6 at around -210100. :D
Whats Netscape then? -210   :lol:
Then you are overrating them... do you know that a negative number with an even exponent is a positive number? :p
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Oh, hush. :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Depends on the precedence of the unary minus operator. :p

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
...precedence of the unary minus operator. :p

..ouch. Do they have treatment for that kind of thing?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Yes.  Parentheses. :D