Author Topic: Pics for T-Shirts  (Read 4792 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I for one, would love to have some of that stuff to wear to lanparties.  Now, I'm not sure how far copyright would go here.  If the shirt was created using MVP models, created by the users, and didn't say Freespace on it anywhere, and since the models are improved versions of the original freespace ones, would that be infringing?

On top of that, gear featuring just Hard Light Productions alone wouldn't be infringing on anything since that's their own copyright.

So how about it?  Should we clamor for a return of the HLP store?

Also, if HLP had not for profit status (not sure if it does or not), profits from gear sales could go solely to running it and bandwidth costs, preventing it from looking like profiting off of Interplay's works.  Just some ideas that ran through my head, probably just a pipe dream.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline vamitul

First of all.. i doubt that i will ever meet someone from Interplay, to ask me about my t-shirt.
second: I just want one for myself. i won't be doing mass production, or anything like that. i have a small advertising firm, and, among other this, we do some personalized t-shirts for our clients.
In 1807 Dracula was feeding with the blood of young virgins.
We are sorry to report that in 2007 Count Dracula was found dead in his mansion, due to extreme starvation.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oh I'm not saying you would, I'm just saying, on top of whatever your interests for it are, I think it would also benefit HLP to get a store going again, to generate revenue, and wondering how far they could go before it's copyright infringement.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

WOW! I looked through that HLP store and thought it was great. Does it still work? How much do they have in stock? And who runs it? I'd really like one of those SOC caps.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
And by return of the store, I meant actually advertise it.  Must have missed the post where he pointed to it.  But yeah, if it's on cafepress, it's in their hands, as long as they have it up, they should be able to print it and get it to you.  Why is this store such a secret though?  Other than possibly obvious legal reasons?

Offline Roanoke

I for one, would love to have some of that stuff to wear to lanparties.  Now, I'm not sure how far copyright would go here.  If the shirt was created using MVP models, created by the users, and didn't say Freespace on it anywhere, and since the models are improved versions of the original freespace ones, would that be infringing?

On top of that, gear featuring just Hard Light Productions alone wouldn't be infringing on anything since that's their own copyright.

So how about it?  Should we clamor for a return of the HLP store?

Also, if HLP had not for profit status (not sure if it does or not), profits from gear sales could go solely to running it and bandwidth costs, preventing it from looking like profiting off of Interplay's works.  Just some ideas that ran through my head, probably just a pipe dream.

IIRC the HLPStore isn't actually connected to the HLP site. I think Galemp did the 'store.

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Hmm anybody know the quality on the caps in the store they look kinda bad or maybe its just the pictures.

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Well if GE did it, is HLP getting a cut?  I mean, he's using their logos and such on some of the items, so I would hope they're making something off of it.

Not sure on cap quality, I thought they looked better than the thin flimsy cheap caps I usually see though.

Ok, my question: can we actually buy stuff from this store, or has it been down too long? Cause I would really like a couple of those shirts...  :)
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I don't think it's down.  If it's on cafepress you should be able to buy it.  Whether it benefits HLP is what I want to know.

"Down" was the wrong word. I really meant "unnoticed".
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
(...) WANNA SHIRT WITH DA HTL LUCIFER

*runs away knowing that no such thing exists*

Which, the shirt or the HTL Lucifer? Because the latter does exist... :nervous:

...I know, I should not pay attention, but I just don't seem to be able to do that... :lol:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Wow, I've been quoted in a sig for quoting IRC.  I rock.

Offline Vretsu

http://www.cafepress.com/holight,gtvi,hlp,vasudan,freespace,freespace2,ntf

A nodemap mousepad?!

Why hasn't anyone personally informed me that this store was in existance? I demand to be pacified by outrageous lies RIGHT NOW!!

*goes on purchasing spree*

I'm assuming a good deal of the proceeds obviously go to HLP, yes?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
None of the money goes to HLP.  All those items are being sold at cost.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Oh.  Well, that's cool.  But I think if there was a slight bump in prices, and the profit went to HLP no one would mind.  At least not anyone in HLP.