Author Topic: animation set test render  (Read 1289 times)

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
animation set test render
ok i'm doing an animation where you start on a alien planet walk into a roman style building - past a fountain through some doors and into a stargate travel through a wormhole and arrive at the sgc on earth turn around and watch the iris close on the gate - its abit ambitious but i can do most of the bits indiviually - haven't tried the wormhole section yet but i have an idea that should work the rest i can do - if anyone would like to donate some web space when its finished so others can see it that would be very cool - otherwise it will jsut be for my viewing pleasure but anyway heres part of the roman style building that will be on the alien planet

its badly textured at the moment but it was just a test anyway

ARGHHH

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...
I might be able to help, but you'll have to help me with animating stuff  
So far I can do this.

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
thanks  =) it wont be for a while yet anyway got to add all the extras to teh sgc and texture it - also got to experimant to get the stargate feel to a wormhole but your help would be appriated - as for your animation its cool - the jump point is near perfect except it needs a little transparency but thats easy enought o achieve
ARGHHH

Offline Xelion

• In the Ether
That looks pretty cool  

------------------
Max
Flash Developer
Ps6 Beginner

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Nice  
Habeeb it...

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum

if anyone would like to donate some web space when its finished so others can see it that would be very cool

How much webspace? 10's, 100's, 1000's of MB's?
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
probally 20 - 40 mb its not going to be that long - i'm now contemplating adding people and having jaffa chasing the team through the gate can you import poser models into lightwave?

i have a nasty feeling my computer will be rendering this for several weeks =( anyway its still not an imediate concern - still trying to get the lighting nice and the textures on the roman facilty i haven' even started to texture the sgc or contruct the wormhole and the grassy field so much to do - but it is fun =)
ARGHHH

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com

Originally posted by KillMeNow:
probally 20 - 40 mb its not going to be that long - i'm now contemplating adding people and having jaffa chasing the team through the gate can you import poser models into lightwave?

i have a nasty feeling my computer will be rendering this for several weeks =( anyway its still not an imediate concern - still trying to get the lighting nice and the textures on the roman facilty i haven' even started to texture the sgc or contruct the wormhole and the grassy field so much to do - but it is fun =)

Let me know if you need a place to host it when its done. My bandwidth and diskspace are free and I have plenty of both.

------------------
--Mik
http://www.404error.com
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM

"Your guy was a little SQUARE! You had to use your IMAGINATION! There were no multiple levels or screens. There was just one screen forever and you could never win the game. It just kept getting harder and faster until you died. JUST LIKE LIFE." --Ernie Cline
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
here is a slightly updated one i'm having problems with the lighting - if i want it light properly asif from a sun then not enough light ends up inside so i tried this but i dont know  what you thihnk?

[This message has been edited by KillMeNow (edited 01-29-2002).]
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
need opinions so.......BUMP  

also though anyones good with grass - i got some basic stuff but i need it to look really cool will put up a sample shortly
ARGHHH

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
grassy hill

ARGHHH

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
What did you use for the grass? Try using something like Shag. And have a look at  http://www.3dcafe.com  fer some plugins that might help.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline KillMeNow

• The Empire Lives
that was saslite i used - it suppsoed tob e good but when i made the grass shorter it just dissappears or becoems so sparse its untrue - =( i will try you links since this one isn't as goodas i hoped
ARGHHH

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
the grass looks like fur. But it looks cool too, somehow.

Edit: that skylight seems a bit bright. I mean 2 shadows?

[This message has been edited by Ryx (edited 01-30-2002).]
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT