Author Topic: 3.6.9 VP´s release?  (Read 13776 times)

Offline Vretsu

I hate people who refuse to update despite being desperately behind the times, slowing down the entire industry in the process.  :hopping:

"Nurr, a 2mb file. I can't download this with my 13k modem!!!1 PLEASE BREAK THE FILE INTO FIVE HUNDRED TWO BYTE FILES, INCONVENIANCING EVERYONE ELSE WITH THE SENSE TO UPGRADE!!!"

"Omfg, my 3mb videocard doesn't meet the minimum requirements for your awesome game!! PLEASE DOWNGRADE EVERYTHING AND STONEWALL ALL PROGRESS I AM A DINOSAUR PLEASE HELP ME RAWR RAWR!!!"

DIEEE!!

*lunges at takashi*

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 07:42:11 pm by Vretsu »

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
:eek2: Awesome.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
you mean jordan pelovitz, aka the guy who demeans people who live in a closed world gfx-card wise?

please do.

Words fail me at your stupidity.

All humorous responses will be suspended for the time being, because of total neural shutdown due to an overly-large moronic post intake.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Look at the rofl section in my siggy.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Taka is apparently off his bipolar and schizo meds.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:lol:  -- At least, IMO, he is slowly improving.  HLP osmosis for ya.   ;)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
a 64mb card!? i have a 32!

Considering you could probably find a 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro or GF4 Ti4200 on Ebay for less than $15 USD, you have absolutely NOTHING to complain about.

Good grief, if you want to pay the shipping across the border (CAN-US) I'll mail you a 64 MB GF2 MX400 for free.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
"Nurr, a 2mb file. I can't download this with my 13k modem!!!1 PLEASE BREAK THE FILE INTO FIVE HUNDRED TWO BYTE FILES, INCONVENIANCING EVERYONE ELSE WITH THE SENSE TO UPGRADE!!!"

My connection is even slower, and I've never requested the such a terrible scatter.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
a 64mb card!? i have a 32!

Considering you could probably find a 128 MB Radeon 9800 Pro or GF4 Ti4200 on Ebay for less than $15 USD, you have absolutely NOTHING to complain about.

Good grief, if you want to pay the shipping across the border (CAN-US) I'll mail you a 64 MB GF2 MX400 for free.

That'll just make him complain more, I had a 64MB GeForce4 MX4000 and it could barely handle 3.6.5.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:36:51 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The link I gave him showed several decent cards for $30-$40 USD.

Offline mnftg64

Bob's new beams should definately get put in 3.6.9

Also, the FS2 campaign with Lightspeed's nebulea's might be good. Of course that would mean his nebulea's need to be included as well.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 08:58:00 pm by mnftg64 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Bob's new beams should definately get put in 3.6.9

Also, the FS2 campaign with Lightspeed's nebulea's might be good. Of course that would mean his nebulea's need to be included as well.
Put'em in the 3.6.9 MVPs

Offline Sparky

• Former JBX MegaRaptors
Dude... if my Pc can handle it, then yours should be able to. I pry have one of the slowest pos's on here, 900mhz celeron w/ 512mb ram, geforce 5200FX PCI card. I play high res with some slowdowns, just used the shockwave mediavp without the animations and i'm good.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
To be honest, I doubt his problem has anything to do with his computer.

Offline takashi

• Better than TrashMan
ive never requested a 5 poly orion. im requesting one that actualy uses the polys to add detail.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
*chokes*
:nervous:
:wtf:
*turns and leaves, holding his head to prevent migraine*

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Twitter
ive never requested a 5 poly orion. im requesting one that actualy uses the polys to add detail.

Ok, that is one of the dumbest things I have EVER heard you say.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam

That'll just make him complain more, I had a 64MB GeForce4 MX4000 and it could barely handle 3.6.5.

Not really, 3.6.9 is really good. I have a 64mb GeForce4 MX420 and it runs fine, granted the framerate drops to about 20fps (and without Adveffects.vp) sometimes but it's manageable. IIRC 3.6.5 had a few memory leaks which is why your card may have struggled with it.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Vretsu

I would like to formally place a humble request for a 15k poly Orion. :p

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The Colossus must be upgraded ASAP.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]