Author Topic: HTL Models  (Read 2498 times)

Offline mnftg64

I'm a little confused about the HTL models and stuff. I'm basically looking for clarification. Are most of the HTL models included int eh 3.6.8 vps? If so, then why must I use the Derelict mod to get everything to look tons better? Is that because Derelict has hi-res textures?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Except for a few relatively recent ships, the 3.6.8 zeta VPs contain all of the HTL models, as well as all of the rest of the high-res goodies.  Are you saying that you're not able to get high-res textures unless you select Derelict as the active mod?  If so, what does your command line look like, and are you sure that you have all of the zeta VPs and patches installed correctly?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Derelict activates the MediaVPs with its mod.ini file.

I'm guessing you don't have your MediaVPs working without Derelict.  Should be easy enough to fix.  Select the MediaVPs folder in the launcher and try it that way. 

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The way to 'force' it to use the mediavps is by adding -mod mediavps to the 'custom flags' field.

There are probably some bad things that come out of doing that, but right now it's working fine for me.

Offline mnftg64

I'll give that a try after class.

EDIT: It worked. I realized that I didn't try that because my command line always said -mod derelict,mediavps and I thought it was using them. When I disabled derelict I lost the hi-res stuff. Anyway, now I know better and now I can play the main FS2 campaign without a Knossos portal that looks like it was built by the Shivans.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:29:57 am by mnftg64 »