Author Topic: Multiplayer crash  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Drax

Hi all,

I've been browsing the forums, trying to solve my problems when trying to connect to FS2net.

Mac OS X, running fs open 3.6.9. I got a fresh copy of everything last night, via the java installer (which is pretty sweet).

At first, my symptom was the infamous 'hacked tables'. When I took the media files out of my main directory this went away. I now see "validating tables" followed by "logging in". Each of these messages stays up for quite a while (20 seconds or so).  Then the program quits.  Once I thought I saw a brief flicker of some other window just before it crashed.

I've got every port open on my router, and firewall turned off. (Security be damned!)  I've had no problem hosting or being a client using a direct TCP connection, so I don't think it's a port issue.

Any notion what this could be?

----D

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Unless you're running on intel a crash is all you're going to see for a little while.

PPC macs crash when logging in to FS2NetD. This should be fixed in 3.6.10 though as we want you guys to join in on the fun. :)

If you are on Intel though shout out and lets see if we can fix the problem.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Ahh yes i was just having the same problem... good to know I'm not the only one. Guess I shall have to wait a bit.
Macbook Pro 2.4GHz, 4GB, OS X 10.5
http://arvidtp.net

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
I've got every port open on my router, and firewall turned off. (Security be damned!)

Give me your IP address.  :drevil:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
No.  Don't.  I don't think you have to worry about BloodEagle, but an0n has been known to be prowling these boards... :shaking:  :lol: