Author Topic: Beyond the Red Line torrent  (Read 4798 times)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Beyond the Red Line torrent
Another torrent, this one on Azureus VUZE:   EDIT: Added Soundtrack :)  EDIT2: And fix for broken file.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:54:27 am by jr2 »

Offline Cyker

Re: Beyond the Red Line torrent
Is this just the same thing as the other ones?

If it is, I hope it's the same torrent file, otherwise you're splitting the uploads to two different groups...

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Yah, it is.  I don't think VUZE lets you split uploads... But anyways, in 11 hours, 263 downloads... Woot!

The reason I did this is that VUZE lets you browse through categories of torrents, like channel surfing on TV.  The more popular a torrent is, the more prominent its place.  Eg, if you open Azureus, or go the channels section in VUZE, and click on "What's Hot", this torrent is #5  ;)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
How come that can be the same torrent when it doesn't have the same contents as the official torrent from GW? :nervous:

This new torrent contents: 317.24 MB

Game-Warden torrent contents: 379.71 MB

What's up with that? Is it compressed version of the installer exe?

It has pretty good DL speed, though... >100 kBps most of the time.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
It's just the Windows Installer, BtRLDemoInstaller.exe ... sorry, I don't have the cross-platform version.  :(  I suppose I could edit the description to point to it, however... (done.)

EDIT: Besides that, Game Warden's torrent is down.  :/

EDIT2: Modified description to point to the GW release thread for Linux & Mac OS X users. :)

EDIT3: Uploaded Soundtrack. :D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:09:15 pm by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
... 263 downloads... Woot!
if you open Azureus, or go the channels section in VUZE, and click on "What's Hot", this torrent is #5  ;)

388 downloads, #4 in "What's Hot"!

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Roughly 24 hours after upload, 643 downloads, slipped down to #5...

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
The installer executable does not start on my PC. Weird. :rolleyes:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

That's pretty dang good. 137 seeds and 34 leeches, ratio 4:1
And the one I used a few days ago (I think it's the official one, it's at tracker.torrent.to:2710) has 187:21 = 8.9:1

But, if I were really in a hurry, this torrent has 95 seeders and one leecher, ratio 95:1: http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1092734/7584112/

It seems a lot of people couldn't wait to upload this torrent. IDK why they didn't post the official one though, that's a lot of balkanization.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 04:25:02 pm by Huggybaby »

Offline Cyker

Yikes, I've uploaded just under 6GBs... that plus the ~20GBs uploaded from the DVD ISO posted earlier... I'm so glad my uploads ain't capped like my downloads... this is just 3-4 days worth of transfers!!  :eek:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
The installer executable does not start on my PC. Weird. :rolleyes:

Ahm, is that the one from my torrent?  If so, that would explain the slipping ratings... but I used that Installer to install it on my comp... strange.  Can anyone re-download it from VUZE and test the installer?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
Yes, that was the 317 MB installer. The official installer is 370 MB or something (?), which kinda weirded me out. The exe simply doesn't do anything at all.

Shame if it doesn't work, and definitely worth checking out. :nervous:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Just re-checked my file; it doesn't appear to work!!  I'm going to see if I can't salvage the old one with QuickPar.

EDIT: And this was the source for my download of that file:
http://38.118.213.143/vvmktnjbpp+/personal/s/SGTR22eR/BtRLDemoInstaller.exe/X6  (FileFront)

Must have become corrupted when I downloaded it.  Sucks for all 1000+ ppl who downloaded it...

EDIT2: Uploaded fixed version and patch for broken version; deleted broken version.  Yay!  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:56:16 am by jr2 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
So it looks like everything is working now; can anyone verify this? Herra Tohtori, can you try the fix?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
I'll put it on DL, but if you can now see the filesizes match the official installer, then it will likely work this time. :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Ya, it's the same now.  Stupid FileFront cut off my download & said it was finished... either that, or FireFox did.  anyways...