Author Topic: Problems with ingame cutscenes  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Problems with ingame cutscenes
Okay, guys, here is my problem: I would love to use cutscenes in my missions, but I am facing two serious issues.

Number 1:

Because cap ships are so slow I am using following sexp to make 'em move a little bit faster:

every-time
  <
     mission time
set-object-position
   object-name
   x
   y
   +
     get-object-z
       object-name

Now, on low end systems the frame rate goes down, ships slow down. But: the time doesn't slow down at the same rate, so all timing goes wrong. Disabling vsync has a reverse effect, although not to such extent.

Actually same happens when recording a video sequence with FRAPS.

I've tried using a special ships.tbl entry with velocity of 400.0 and acceleration delay 0.0, but same story here.

I think I could built a few safe-guards that would prevent some of the problems I face here, but not all.

Some of the cutscenes could be recorded of course, but I'd have to avoid using cutscenes during a mission. At least not with capital ships, that suck a lot of ressources.

Number 2:

Subtitles positions are absolute. This means, that increasing resolution (default is 1024*768) means, that subtitles appear out of place (further to the left and upper corner of the screen)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis