Author Topic: Starcraft 2: It's official.  (Read 36894 times)

Starcraft 2: It's official.
Thats right boys, its for real.

1UP Article, Gamestop article, IGN article and Gamespy article.

Edit: VIDEO

EDIT: EDIT: Video on Youtube!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:23:12 am by Dough with Fish »
tianjun1298 > Your this only the fine insect which escapes from the condom

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Re: Starcraft 2: It's official.
Jacked up and good to go!

I'm excited, probably one of the most iconic games of my gaming history (along with Freespace 2 and Jedi Knight), i hope they don't butcher the Seoul...ahem, soul...of this game.  despite all the advancements and improvements to realism, some games are almost required to be old school.  EA got it right (an amazing feat i say!) with C&C3, making all the right improvements, but keeping the soul of the Command and Conquer games intact.  I hope blizzard does likewise and keeps SC2 an expansion to its roots, and doesn't try to rewrite the book.

...and at the very least the cut scenes are going to be awesome...lol

Siege tanks, Ready to roll out!
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Well only thing I would change is make it more interesting than the original.  :P
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
YES it has final come! that trailer is brillant, one thing you can never fault blizz on is the quality of the cinematics, i can't wait for this game!
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
I really hope they take and use the story they made for the Dark Origins level.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Eh. Based on IGN's gameplay video it doesn't seem like the gameplay has moved on much at all.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Yes, and Starcraft's gameplay was so underdeveloped, so poorly tweaked.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
The only thing I didn't like in SC was that you could only select 12 units at once.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Yeah, that was an attempt to combat rushing. Everything else was pretty much perfect. I'll be quite satisfied if they just copy the gameplay with new graphics and finish the story.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yeah, that was an attempt to combat rushing....

According to my online SC experience, it was greatly ineffective.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
Makes me wonder how powerful rushing would have been though, if it hadn't been for that artificial obstacle.
-John Maynard Keynes

YES! Ha! This is great! It has finally happened!

I am most excited about this.  :D

Story specifics are still being kept under wraps, though from the concept art it seems Kerrigan will somehow be involved.

Well, wasn't that a given?  :rolleyes:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Well, on one of the liveblogs covering the event (IGN's, I think) say that there isn't going to be the max unit selection this time.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing and really excited to finally see it come.  I think Blizzard is doing the right thing here...they aren't going to change much in terms of how it plays and focus on really impressive unit dynamics and overall balance of the three different sides.  Still room in the market for classic RTS games!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
It'll all end in tears, just wait and see...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Well I was a Total Annihilaton player back in the day so maybe i am biased but the gameplay footage doesn't really knock my socks off, especially compared to DoW which is getting to be a couple years old now.  Doing a little research and watchng some of the old Starcraft actually seems like 40K only the Space Marines are hicks.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Shade

Heh, just checked out the main blizzard site. One big sign: "Starcraft II - Hell, it's about time.". I quite agree (as does the marine in the trailer), and I can't wait to get my hands on this :)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:27:59 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
the gameplay footage doesn't really knock my socks off,
For gods sake they just announced the game and you're expecting a ****ing real life simulation...

C'mon, remember now. We think before we post. M'kay StarSlayer?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
Nice I have always liked Starcraft more then the warcraft series, the CGI was really good although I really didnt get what it was all about but it looked good.

/Dice
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))