Author Topic: Hello  (Read 9943 times)

Looking forward to have good time with this enhanced FS2 and all the mods.

The only problem so far is that is there any convinient order they should be played... execpt the original campaign first of course. I have been blessed with lousy memory, so i can enjoy good books, games and even movies several times.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
:welcome:

First of all, welcome to the HLPBB!

There's no "order". People will surely tell you to play campaigns like Derelict and Trascend first, but you can start with whatever you want. I recommend Inferno, someone else would recommend something else...

You Are Free To DecideTM :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
You might wish to play the FS Port first, to keep things in chronological order....
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

You might wish to play the FS Port first, to keep things in chronological order....

Meaning Freespace I ?

That might be a good idea, as i dont remember anything about that either... Execpt that i liked it a lot.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Well as far as chronological order goes, I would place the biggest campaigns on about this order (though I might not play them in this order):

Goober's Ross 128 cutscene mission
FSPort - The Great War campaign
Silent Threat (might actually take place during or after the next few entries but who cares...)
Sol - a History / Inferno Alliance - two different views on what happened on Sol system immediately after being cut off from GTA space
Inferno R1 - same place, much longer time span, although neither SaH or IA actually lead to Inferno Release 1 campaign...
Sync
FS2 Campaign - Second Shivan Incursion
Transcend
Into the Depths of Hell
Procyon Insurgency
Derelict

Spot the mistakes and post additions, but I'd say you'll get a good kickstart with these.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Ahhh... thats very helpfull list... should be inserted into some F.A.Q. or readme.

Thankyou!

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Well there's also some campaign about the earlier Terran-Vasudan War but it's not ready yet. ;7

Make no mistake, there are many other campaigns. You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions. That list for example only contains the campaigns that I have played and that have made a lasting impression to me.

And as far as campaign guides/FAQ's go, Skippy (the Campaign List Dude) has a pretty comprehensive list of released campaigns.

Campaign list

...and if you want some educationg reading, you might want to dive into this thread...

If you prefer chronological order, you'll need to organize them yourselves in a list, there's a huge amount of them. I personally would recommend organizing them in rough timeframes and playing campaigns that occur close to each other... trying to figure out the exact chronological order makes no sense since most of the campaigns don't have connections to each other.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Sol - a History / Inferno Alliance - two different views on what happened on Sol system immediately after being cut off from GTA space

Be advised that Sol:A History won't work with FS Open unless you have a patch(which is reletively hard to find...).

We're glad to help you. Contact us whenever you want :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
That's what I am for. Here are the fixed tables for Sol:A History if someone wants them.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The Signature is a Nuke!

That's what I am for. Here are the fixed tables for Sol:A History if someone wants them.

Ok, i saved them for later use.

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

:lol:

Classic!!!!!!

*Edit*

So classic I have immortalised it in my siggy!  :yes:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:38:56 am by Wobble73 »
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Play JAD & JAD2, with regards to others, just try them all. If you like them after the first two or three missions then stick with them. But for a definite epic first new campaign. play DERELICT!

(as featured in the film Zoolander)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Where can i find the "Goober's Ross 128 cutscene mission" or is it included within something else?

Where can i find the "Goober's Ross 128 cutscene mission" or is it included within something else?

Found it...

http://www.sectorgame.com/goober/ross128.html

Deus Ex Machina is good, too.  Nice and funny.  I reccomend turning on Microsoft SAM voice for that one.

*laughs evilly*
Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made
Were every stalk on earth a quill, and every man a scribe by trade
To write the love of God above, would drain the ocean dry
Nor could the scroll contain the whole, though stretched from sky to sky!