Author Topic: .ogg cutscenes refuse to download using Turey's installer  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Narvi

.ogg cutscenes refuse to download using Turey's installer
Okay, I got a working copy of Freespace 2 from HotU torrent, and updated it to FSO using Turey's installer. Then I tried to download the .ogg cutscene pack. Annoyingly, power outages kept making me restart the download, so after several attempts  I was quite happy when the installer said it was finished... but then the cutscenes didn't play. I checked the mediavp file I downloaded and it was really small (around 45 MB) while just the intro movie (hosted here) is around 70 MB.

So I assumed the download screwed up, so I deleted the file. However, Turey's installer still assumes it's installed, so I can't redownload it. I really don't want to have to download all of the files separately. Any ideas on how to fix this, so I can download it again using the installer?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: .ogg cutscenes refuse to download using Turey's installer
Hmm, you have to remove a section of installedversions.txt, IIRC...
remove this from \freespace2\installedversions.txt:
Code: [Select]
NAME
.OGG Cutscenes
VERSION
Version 1
and remove this from \freespace2\installer\installedversions.txt:
NAME
.OGG Cutscenes
VERSION
Version 1

If that doesn't work, then ask Turey which part I screwed up.  :D  (I think it will work.)

Offline Narvi

Hmm, you have to remove a section of installedversions.txt, IIRC...
remove this from \freespace2\installedversions.txt:
NAME
.OGG Cutscenes
VERSION
Version 1
and remove this from \freespace2\installer\installedversions.txt:
NAME
.OGG Cutscenes
VERSION
Version 1

If that doesn't work, then ask Turey which part I screwed up.  :D  (I think it will work.)

Awesome! That worked. I found the second one if \freespace\temp, but otherwise you're pretty accurate. Thanks!

Offline Turey

• Installer dude
  • The diminutive form of Turambar.
    • FreeSpace Open Installer Homepage

Perfect, except there's no \FreeSpace2\installedversions.txt.
Creator of the FreeSpace Open Installer.
"Calm. The ****. Down." -Taristin
why would an SCP error be considered as news? :wtf: *smacks Cobra*It's a feature.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
:nervous:  Oops.  There is on mine.  Must be a copy I put there in one of my experimental moments.  I was wondering why it was there.  Anyways, if that's the case, then both the FS1 and the FS2 .OGG cutscenes are in one file, right?  My file doesn't have both.  When I get home, I'll post it, so you can see what I mean.  Who knows, I prolly jumbled something up.  :rolleyes:

Offline Narvi

:nervous:  Oops.  There is on mine.  Must be a copy I put there in one of my experimental moments.  I was wondering why it was there.  Anyways, if that's the case, then both the FS1 and the FS2 .OGG cutscenes are in one file, right?  My file doesn't have both.  When I get home, I'll post it, so you can see what I mean.  Who knows, I prolly jumbled something up.  :rolleyes:

Turey's installer has them listed separately.

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
    • Steam
Hmph.  Must be mine got separated.  How, I don't know, but I will investigate... *shrugs*