Author Topic: NEWS : New Saga Rapier!  (Read 2955 times)

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
NEWS : New Saga Rapier!
We're making steady progress, and it's unbelievable watching everything coming together. With our last big review of the game, we picked up some real solid forward momentum. Still, sometimes it feels like we're taking two steps forward and one, two or even three steps back. That's really starting to taper off, though.

We have new media to share. This time we would like to showcase Klav's rendition of the Rapier medium fighter. The screenshots are from the tech room, you'll be seeing more as we continue pushing out media. So, basically, you can consider those shots an appetizer.

Screenshots
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:03:53 pm by Starman01 »
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline gyp5sy

• Never ski in front of someone named "Crash"
Awww, hells yeah!  That looks killer. 

Also, one less that I have to model.  :D

Is this "version 1"? or is is like a rapier II or something?

Offline nowd

Looks awesome. Its really impressive how you manage to make WC2 era craft fit into the WC3 look.

Will you keep the arment and strong shields/weak hull balance of the Rapier? That made him a little bit special to the other fighters.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
First of all, welcome to the HLP!

We are indeed using WC2 stats. It is not decided whenever or not the ship will be flyable, but you will encounter the Rapier, Ferret and a few other WC2 craft fairly often in the campaign :)
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I'd hope you could fly the Rapier and Ferret, if not on the campaign, then at least for user-made missions or multiplayer.

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Sure, don't worry :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Awww, hells yeah!  That looks killer. 

Also, one less that I have to model.  :D

Is this "version 1"? or is is like a rapier II or something?
It looks allot like the WC2 version just with some nice enhancements.  No doubt that was the intention.  The WC1 Rapier has a slightly different design...particularly the wings/stabilizers.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Phenix

Great work Saga Team...looks great! :)