Author Topic: What the Shivans were doing at Capella... :o  (Read 35440 times)

Re: What the Shivans were doing at Capella... :o
well obviously they did reverse engineer those.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Given time the GTVA would reverse engenier every single shivan tech and then improve it. Well they would need not only time but something to work on as well. And considering how fast they managed to reverse engenier those mara's i believe that within 2 maibe 3 years they would reverse engenier almost every shivan tech ! Sure there would lots of money and research done but hell it would be worth while.

Man just imagine if they got they hands even on a small cruiser like a Lilith or a corvette....man oh man....! The really sweet hing would be if they got theyr hands on a Ravana. Now that would be something worth getting excited about. Just imagine better beams better armour better subspace tech better fighters better ships (well when taking into acount all the + and - shivan warships and GTVa warships have the GTVA has the better ships, or rather ship designs that is!)
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It was probably very expensive, though.

Well, on Derelict they probably tried reverse engineering the Lucifer and it triggered Shivan warships to come to its aid. I wonder what would have happened if the GTVA had managed to kill off the attackers and continue studying the Lucifer.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Then i would have stolen it. ;)
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I wonder how the GTVA actually developed beam cannon weaponry.....

Offline Hades

Maybe they started to think and found out how to make decent weapons. :drevil:
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

I'm willing to bet my head that the GTVA used stolen Shivan technology or were at least inspired by the Lucifer's beams that they made their own versions.

Offline ZmaN

I'm willing to bet my head that the GTVA used stolen Shivan technology or were at least inspired by the Lucifer's beams that they made their own versions.

i believe they made their own.  isnt that why GTVA cannons are usually green while shivan cannons are yellow (like the licufers) or red (every other Shivan Warship)
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's possible they were made independently, but it's unlikely since the Shivans in FS2 have much better beam weapons. It seems to imply to me that the GTVA are just trying to copy Shivan technology.

Offline Hades

And they failed at it.Shivan beams are faster stronger, and there ships scare the **** out of me. ;)
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well as far as reverse negeniering the shivan tech I must agree that in  terms of beam cannons the GTVA failed miserabli. GTVA beam cannons are somewhat of a piece of juck compared to they shivan counterparts. However one area where we see the GTVa made a relly good advance as comapred to the shivans was in terms of range for theyr beam cannons. There is no shivan beam cannon that can match the range of the GTVA ones. If they found a way to increase the sistained fire period and reacharge time then the GTVA warships would be a serious threat to any shivan warship that we know of. Hell if they managed to get a sustained fire period of 10 seconds like the shivan ones then even with the huge recharge rate they would be able to threaten even the jugg classes with ease.

Or they could just improve on the reacharge rate and get is equal to that of the shivan ones. that would work also. Combined with the superior range that would be ownage in terms of the GTVA!

theyr ships are scary no question here but are how shall I say this......junk. Aside from masive forward firepower they have nothing! Every time a shivan warship was put on the defensive it got blow to pieces much much fater then any GTVA warship.

Shivan warships are made for one thing and one thing only...attack and fast strykes at the enemy. Nothing more nothing less. In this regard the shivan are the masters. I fear to think what would happen if a species out there would find a way to make they ships strong enough as to resist shivans weaponry long enough so that theyr ships have a chance to hit back at the shivans.

They would be toats.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There is no shivan beam cannon that can match the range of the GTVA ones. If they found a way to increase the sistained fire period and reacharge time then the GTVA warships would be a serious threat to any shivan warship that we know of.

Nope, the BFRed is only a few hundred meters short of the LRBGreen.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Shivan ships also have crappy AF defenses... Hecate and Hatsephsut are a terror to go up against..

Ravana? Meh..Demon? LOL!!! Crappy armor on beams to boot, I can take out the beams on a Ravana with HARPOONS!
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
It also explains how they have 80+ juggernauts and not a single lucy..

Considering what beam cannons do to shields, the Lucifer would be at a severe disadvantage in FS2.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Why? It still has 800k hitpoints.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
In FS1 it has far less...how they keep changing...where's hte continuity here? EH?

EDIT -*does it even matter in FS2? You don't see it in the official campaign anyway, they might have left it in  the tables without going over it for balance...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Lucy always had 800k HP.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I recall it had 500000 in FS1..or was it 600000???
I could be wrong tough...

but pressing ~k does 100k damage to your target...and you have to press ~k 10 times to destroy a lucy in fs2. That means it has a million HP in fs2.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.