Author Topic: What the Shivans were doing at Capella... :o  (Read 35441 times)

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
Re: What the Shivans were doing at Capella... :o
:D

If you were paying attention, they DIDN'T build 80+ Saths. That was a different fleet. The Lucy Fleet was cut off and very much isolated. A tiny taskforce that got lost. A bird. A bird who never learned to fly.

Geez, only a scouting party nearly destroyed the whole of GTVA. Damn, we are real weak...

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
:D

If you were paying attention, they DIDN'T build 80+ Saths. That was a different fleet. The Lucy Fleet was cut off and very much isolated. A tiny taskforce that got lost. A bird. A bird who never learned to fly.

Geez, only a scouting party nearly destroyed the whole of GTVA. Damn, we are real weak...

Nope. Command just sucks.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline nubbles526

• MODerate MODder
You couldn't really blame him, we didn't have the technology. But it is shocking that it was only a scouting party. I hope the Sathis are not just another scouting party.

THE APOCALYPSE PROJECT IS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS!!! SIGN UP AT:
The official forum | The official website

"Only a braindead idiot would take that post to mean that I'm planning on taking legal action on anyone and without cause or reason." -Derek Smart

Harsh words, Derek. Harsh words. And what do you get? No liscence, no FreeSpace, only some stfu from HLP. That is legal.

STEALTH AIN'T DEAD!!!!
A complete rewrite of the FS2 quotes!
HLP Cards! Click here to make one of yourself!

The original FreeSpace 3 wishlist!

Find the MOON challenge!

Your very fist dive....

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
You couldn't really blame him, we didn't have the technology. But it is shocking that it was only a scouting party. I hope the Sathis are not just another scouting party.

No way a scouting party would blow up a star and subspace immediately.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
They went home to make a report.... ;7
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Well, maybe the second Shivan fleet was just an investigation team. They went to check up on the scouting team and then jumped back to call in the real fleet.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well, maybe the second Shivan fleet was just an investigation team. They went to check up on the scouting team and then jumped back to call in the real fleet.

The...

'real fleet'?  :eek:

Ya, the one with the gargant in it ;7
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well the Gargant's not all that great, you know. It only has ONE forward weapon. I think it needs to be returreted to have beams on the frontal spikes. ;7

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
It still kicks ass. :lol: Just send a destroyer with Mesons in it at the Gargant. ;7
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Gargant's armor is unbelievable. The only way it's actually possible for the Gargant to have that much shielding is if it has Quantum Crystalline Armor or it somehow absorbs the impact of all the kinetic energy from missiles and the plasma from primary weapons or some **** like that. It's impossible for the Gargant to be that way.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The shivans did not have beam weaponry they had flux laser cannon or something like that. It was the speed with which those cannons fired that made them look like a beam weapon but it was not a beam weapon. This is cannon! I remebered it from the ref. bible.

Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well that doesn't do anything to my theory. The Lucifer fleet could be at a different technological level than the Sathanas fleet.

My theory kicks ass.

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your thory may be true and i tend to agree with you to some extent but remember that the Collie was designed to take on multiple Lucifer class SD and win with ease. This makes me think that beams would of sliced through the Lucifer shields like a hot knife through butter.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Both my theories kick ass. (my Shivan one and my shield one)

Who likes my theory? :D

Any points against it?

Offline ZmaN

Your thory may be true and i tend to agree with you to some extent but remember that the Collie was designed to take on multiple Lucifer class SD and win with ease. This makes me think that beams would of sliced through the Lucifer shields like a hot knife through butter.

actually i think they would.  isnt that why they decided not to user shielding on capital ships once the FS2 era came around?
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Well from my understanding, if the Derelict campaign history is adopted into 'official' FS2 HLP 'history', then it means that all those Sathanas' weren't built, but BORN.  :blah:

And if that intertwines with Infero, it would mean that the 'Gargant' is their mothership  :eek2:

After all it did receive the classification 'SM Gargant'. (Shivan Mothership).
I reckon is probably the most probable theory. It would be much quicker for shivans to some how have some giant , living, breathing ship giving 'birth' to these warships, then using materials to construct them. Given the arachnid-like appearance of the ships, i think my theory is at least plausable.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Well from my understanding, if the Derelict campaign history is adopted into 'official' FS2 HLP 'history', then it means that all those Sathanas' weren't built, but BORN.  :blah:

Derelict =! Canon

I reckon is probably the most probable theory. It would be much quicker for shivans to some how have some giant , living, breathing ship giving 'birth' to these warships, then using materials to construct them. Given the arachnid-like appearance of the ships, i think my theory is at least plausable.

It's SH Gargant, for Shivan Hive.

It's possible, but unlikely IMO. The Terrans captured the Taranis, Dragon and a wing of Maras (most likely more), and they were able to easily reverse engineer them, so it's unlikely they were 'alive.'

It's SH Gargant, for Shivan Hive.

It's possible, but unlikely IMO. The Terrans captured the Taranis, Dragon and a wing of Maras (most likely more), and they were able to easily reverse engineer them, so it's unlikely they were 'alive.'

They didn't reverse engineer the taranis, remember? tombaugh station was destroyed before they could do much work on it.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
And the Mara and Dragon?