Author Topic: Sol : A History  (Read 6971 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Where can I get S:AH? The link on Blaise Russel's site is broken.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
http://hades-combine.com/web/index.php?ind=downloads&op=entry_view&iden=146

but that is from "11 May 2005"; no guarantee that it will work
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Thx.

You'll need Inferno for it to work properly. Here they are together:
http://huggybaby.fs2downloads.com/InfernoR1_SaH.rar

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Thx but i already have INFR1 and the unofficial upgrade pack. (look in INF forum) :cool:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Where do I put S:AH? What folder/subfolder?

Well, I personally think you should run it in retail, cause unless I missed some really big announcement, nobody has ever gotten it working with FSOpen.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

I posted the fixed tables for the SCP about a year ago or so, is pretty easy to:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zszut0gdwt or http://files.filefront.com//;5080959;;/fileinfo.html

Remember both tables are for use with INF R1 + SCP Patch.

Where do I put S:AH? What folder/subfolder?

You can't do that because there is no mod.ini that tells S:AH where the needed files are:

1 - Create a folder "Sol_A_History" inside your FS2 folder.

2 - Copy the mod.ini that comes with the "Inferno R1 Unofficial Update" to the folder you created.

3 - Open the mod.ini file in notepad or some text editor and replace this:

secondrylist = ,mediavps;

For this:

secondrylist = ,inferno,mediavps;

It isn't going to be easier than that, you can probabily do the same for Solar Wars (after copying the fixed tables I posted in the other thread).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 02:45:34 am by Shadow0000 »

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
PS:
you can use
secondarylist
now
They fixed it a while back, so you don't have to keep using the typo version.

I have a problem with this campaign.  I am using FSOpen 3.6.9 and running SAH from the mod selector in the launcher.  I can run the campaign, but when it calls for one of the SAH-specific models (such as the Phobos base), it just has a Ulysses in the model's place.  Also, the JCD ship (forgot name) does not appear at all, but causes a SEXP error.  What should I do?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Do you have a mod.ini file in the SAH mod directory, and if you do, does it contain secondarylist=,INFR1,mediavps; (or your Inferno R1 and media VPs mod directory names instead)

Oh, and :welcomeblue:

No, I don't.  What .ini do I need?  I don't think SAH has one.

Kara's FAQ says:

Without a mod.ini
If the mod doesn't come with a mod.ini file you'll need to get one. This means that you need to install the mod and the mod.ini file following the instructions given here.
Next open up the mod.ini file in notepad and look for this line.

[multimod]
secondarylist = mediavps;

You then have to change it to this

[multimod]
secondarylist = moddir,mediavps;

where moddir is the name of the folder where you've installed the other mod the one you're installing uses. For instance if I have a campaign that uses the Inferno mod (which I've installed to a folder called inferno) the entry would look like this

[multimod]
secondarylist = inferno,mediavps;

If the campaign uses several other mods that can be done too like this

[multimod]
secondarylist = fs1port,inferno,bwo,mediavps;

As soon as you have more than one folder named in the mod.ini you create an order of precedence running left to right. In this case any file in the FS1 port will override a file with the same name in Inferno which in turn will override any file with the same name in BWO etc.

"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"