Author Topic: Codes?  (Read 5096 times)

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
I know some codes like lvlshot, img and a few others, but does anyone have a full list, and a description of what they do/how to use them? :confused:

EDIT: And how do I add horizontal dividing lines in my signature?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Shade

The "Help" tab (2nd from left in the menu just above the topmost ad) includes a list of SMF bbcode and smileys under the "Posting" heading. Things that have been hacked in such as lvlshot and the welcome beams are not there, but everything else is. And the answer to your second question is in the same section.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Could I have the hacked ones?

Offline Shade

Not much to tell, really, as far as bbcodes go. The only ones I can think of that aren't stock are (spoiler) and (lvlshot). As for smilies, check the announcement for the new welcome beams, and click the "more" link by the smilies during posting to find the rest of the special ones.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

t u r r e n t without the spaces gives you turrent, is what else i know.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Shade

But turrent is canon! It's in the code! (Or was. I think it's been corrected now, actually)

on a side note since this is practically problem solved, what are badges, and where can i get me some? :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Shade

Project avatars. Members of a project (as I understand it, specifically it is members of the usergroup that has access to the project's internal forum) get the appropriate badge. And, of course, admins. So there are two ways to get one, join a project or create a project that's sufficiently promising to get hosting. Well, or become an admin, but that's kinda out of reach of the majority whereas the other two are quite doable with enough effort.

so the Procyon Insurgency is a project then? I thought i was just a campaign.
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Shade

And a campaign is not a project why? ;) Still, to be fair it probably does have special status due to the long time it has been worked on. Nonetheless, it is a hosted project, and even today it's not impossible for a one-man team to get hosted, if the work is promising enough. Take a look at the Halo for Freespace project for example, which has only recently been given hosting and started as a one man project by Devrous.

well he DID say i could beta test for him when he does get members  :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Some of the codes such as [glow] need to be fixed for Firefox.

Offline Shade

No. Glowing text is non-standard HTML, and as such should not be supported by a decent browser like Firefox that actually cares about standards complience to some degree. Rather, it should be removed altogether so that people don't get confused and think it's a problem with Firefox. It is not. It's a problem with IE.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Some of the codes such as [glow] need to be fixed for Firefox.

Glow does not need to be fixed for Firefox. People who use glow need to be fixed. So they can't reproduce.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!

No. Glowing text is non-standard HTML, and as such should not be supported by a decent browser like Firefox that actually cares about standards complience to some degree. Rather, it should be removed altogether so that people don't get confused and think it's a problem with Firefox. It is not. It's a problem with IE.

So it's supposed too look like you colored over the text using a paint program??
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline Shade

It's supposed to not exist.

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures

So it's supposed too look like you colored over the text using a paint program??

Try it in IE.

Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.