Author Topic: Freespace XDrive Download Mirror  (Read 2884 times)

Offline ZmaN

Freespace XDrive Download Mirror
Alright guys after a ton of work I finally got everything upload.  its really simple to get these files.  I haven't written and major installation instructions once the files are downloaded but I will write up some basic download instructions here.

1. Go to http://www.xdrive.com .

2. Click the "Log In" link to the very top left of the screen.

3. Once there, proceed to click on the "AOL/AIM SCREENNAME" Radio button (The xdrive button doesnt always work but the AOL button works every time)

4.  Here is the Login Data to get into the files.
Username: Fsdataaccess
Password: shivan

5. If for some reason it asks you for an email address, put this in instead:
Username: [email protected]
password: shivan

the files will be in 2 separate folders.  One contains Freespace 1 CD Images, and also the patches for it.  The Freespace 2 folder contains the following:

CD Images
Retail 1.20 Patch
Retail EXE's and Retail Media VP's
15 campaigns, some separated into split .rar files (for upload reasons.  they wouldnt always upload because of the big sizes so i split them)
The 3.6.9 Zeta Media VP's for FSOpen
3.6.9 build FSOpen EXE's and the 5.5a Launcher
pastchw32.dll (not sure what it does)
the fs2open_pxo_cfg for multiplayer play
the Freespace 2 OFF Cutscene pack for cutscenes (not compressed because winrar wouldnt shrink it at all)
Tuerys Installer, java required version.

If someone wants to test it themselves or something thatd be cool.  If you have trouble downloading from Xdrive, clear your browser's Cache.

And I think that is it.  If theres anything you guys want me to add into the Xdrive please let me know.  I'm not sure what exactly is out for now...

Thanks, hope you enjoy!

Zman  (Adam)

Kara can you add this to the Download Thread Please?

EDIT:  Turns out I had the 5.5a launcher uploaded, not the 5.3    sorry about that.
also, tureys installer is included.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:23:58 pm by ZmaN »
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

www.underoath777.com  <---  The BEST BAND EVER!

My Rig:
NZXT Apollo Case, with the insides painted black, and refinished side panels
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 750 watt PSU
Intel Xeon E3110 (e8400) OC'd to 3.6ghz
Xigmatek S1283 HDT Cooler
Biostar TPower I45 Motherboard
2 x 2GB's Crucial Ballistx DDR2-800 RAM
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound
3 x 36GB Raptors in RAID 0
1 x Western Digital 640GB stand-alone

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Freespace XDrive Download Mirror
I'm not maintaining the download thread any more. If someone else doesn't take over I'll simply unsticky it once it starts getting too old.

As for the download, it's good but it really should include Turey's installer and launcher 5.5. Otherwise it becomes yet another pain in the arse to support.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline ZmaN

I'm not maintaining the download thread any more. If someone else doesn't take over I'll simply unsticky it once it starts getting too old.

As for the download, it's good but it really should include Turey's installer and launcher 5.5. Otherwise it becomes yet another pain in the arse to support.
i used Tureys installer to get the files downloaded.  I packed whatever it downloaded into rar files.  If the newest launcher is the 5.5 launcher and tureys downloader installs that version, than its the 5.5 version uploaded to the Xdrive, not the 5.3.

Oh, and Tureys installer is included in the main directory of the Xdrive.
Well what do I do now?  Well Jack, you seem to have an act for blowing things up....

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound

Matthew 1:1-2  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.  He was with God in the beginning.

Offline ZmaN

can you at least sticky this for me kara?  just so it doesnt get buried in the pile of threads here?  i spent too much time getting it up for that to happen...

My Rig:
XFX Geforce 8800GTX GPU
Onboard sound