Author Topic: Debriefings and that  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
Debriefings and that
Greetings, o' most respected reborn gentlemen.

Thing that's been in me mind as of late: art thou going to keep the retail/original debriefings? The thing that really, really bugged me (still does) was/is the braindead debriefings. "Whaddya mean," I hear you explain. Bear with me, my story gets better.

Thing is; after I've painstakingly eliminated all enemy hostiles, the debriefing dude tells me (with overly theatrical locution) "you eliminated all enemy hostiles". Well, duh. Like, thank you for telling me, dude.
(My personal theory is that these fine pieces of voice acting were only leftovers from a tanked session when someone from  :v: came up with the (perhaps not so) bright idea of recording generic de/briefing voices to use in ANY mission. Like, "good, you completed all mission objectives".)

Just wondering.

Bewildered,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Debriefings and that
ST:R is based on the original not a polished copy of it....
ergo there have to be new debriefings
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
"Thou" is a singular pronoun, so it's not grammatically correct here when paired with "gentlemen". :D

We rewrote nearly all of the text for ST:R, including the briefings and debriefings.  So everything should be much more fleshed out.

Offline Selectah

• Unsuspended
For some reason -- and thou mayeth me severely scold for assuming too much -- I always thought you read posts in the singular. I might be wrong, tho.

Anyhoo, cheers and thunderous applause for noting the verbal ..hmm.. shortcomings in the official ST offering.

Assumingly,
~Selectah
Selectah Fan Club Member

disregard this post

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
The Ratna mission was the worst of the bunch.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The Ratna mission now has a far more extensive debriefing. ;7

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Will it have reference to PI?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Wow. Dude, I can safely say it won't. The FREDing was just about done (or finished) when CP5670 released The Procyon Insurgency.

What's this infatuation to have PI linked to every new campaign, anyways?
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Bleh. My campaign isn't linked to PI. Just asking anyway.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
PI and ST:R were developed completely independently.  I didn't even know PI had anything to do with ST until I played it.  And there are a lot of fundamental conflicts - two Hadeses instead of one, a completely different ship armament, different campaign back stories, etc.  They're not at all compatible.  Consider them as taking place in alternate universes.

Now, on the other hand, ST:R is compatible with Blaise Russel's universe.  There's a fairly obvious crossover with Shrouding the Light, and there's a not-so-obvious crossover with Echo Gate that we arranged while he was developing it.  There are also other, smaller, touches that some people might notice.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
What other universes does it tie in with? Only BR's?