Author Topic: Need a texture artist  (Read 5521 times)

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Need a texture artist
Hi all,

We're rolling along but we need a bit of help with the BWO project.  We're working towards finishing up the whole thing and putting it together, but, we need some extra help to move that along.  At the moment we're looking for someone who has FreeSpace 2 MOD experience with creating textures/UV maps (optional).  PM me or Ace with an example of work that you may have done if you're interested.

There aren't a huge number of jobs we need done in this area but there are a few that we really need some help on.

Thanks!
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Re: Need a texture artist
we need a UV mapper far more desperately.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
seconded
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
So...with focus on UV mapping. We really need someone to help us out with this area.
- IceFire

Offline akenbosch

• Pretentious Noob
  • doesent care about canon
i could UV map, if i didnt have ttoo UV map the cockpits at the same time as the ship. but i can only do small ships, since i cant tile textures using my program.

Burn the sucker out of the sky!
EAT PHOTONS INFIDEL! MAY THE HEAT OF A THOUSAND SUNS CONSUME YOU! :mad2:

snail gives a debriefing: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,48825.msg991954.html#msg991954

Offline Fozzy

• Wokka wokka wokka!
  • Wanabe A Mighty Modder
    • Fozzy's Myspace
i could UV map, if i didnt have ttoo UV map the cockpits at the same time as the ship. but i can only do small ships, since i cant tile textures using my program.

mapping small ships does my head in, i can do the big ships/ textures
The Terran VolksWagen Project - Lol
"that was a little too close, we gota wait fifteen mins to change our shorts" = (snipes, FS2)
I can whoop your ass with my LOGITECH

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
Please folks, submit here or send to Ice\Ace, via PM, a sample of your work :)
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I'm too busy to commit to texturing anything (takes longer than the modeling!), but I find UV mapping relatively quick and easy. Send me something that needs UVing and I'll see what I can do. :)

I think I've been around long enough now not to need to send a sample, but if you want an example of a huge big scary UV mapping job:

(Yeah, texturing is fun. :( )
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
Nice job on the UV mapping.  Uhh we'll take a tally of what we need and see where this can work.  We'll let you know.
- IceFire

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
you know if you want we could help each other, if you send me a UV mapped model I'll texture it, and I'll send you a unUVmapped model and you can UV map it. and we can all get along in a world of fellowship and comradery.

pm me with something, it might help if you give me a few other textures so I can try to match the style you already have.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 05:58:18 pm by Bobboau »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Works for me. Uni will be starting back up in 2 days though, so my free time may not be so free for long. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities