Author Topic: Sexps  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Having every single sexp on its own page is really, really tedious, TBH.  I recommend merging them into one big page, with a list at the top.  Then bookmarks could take you to each individual sexp.

It would have the advantage of not needing to wait for each individual sexp page to load, and it would also have the advantage that you could scroll up or down to see other sexps.

Offline Shade

Coulda sworn I did that at one point...

[Edit] Ah, not quite. I sorted them by category with a nav bar at the bottom, like this: Objective SEXPS. Probably thought the full list got too long, but I honestly can't remember. I can go ahead and merge the ones that are done if there's a consensus on having them in one big list, and then add to them as time allows.

The individual SEXP pages were intended for comments and even short examples on how to use them properly when FREDding though (like every-time-argument. Just like the veteran comments on the individual ship/weapon pages), which would make a complete list insanely long and very cluttered, so I'd like to leave those as is. Just need more comments added for them to be useful, but they're getting there... slowly. Several people have actually been adding them recently.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 07:17:55 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Shade

Tried it out, and with proper use of subsections to build the index it's manageble, so I went ahead and made the change. It obviously isn't complete, but the layout is there and I added all the SEXPs that had already been wikified. New version of the SEXP reference: http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/Retail_SEXPs

Is this what you had in mind? :)

[Edit] And the SCP SEXPs page is taken care of as well.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 08:23:01 pm by Shade »
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
That's excellent!  I didn't think it would get done that fast. :)

Offline Shade

Was working on the wiki anyway, so was no problem :) And I just now finished adding the last of the SCP sexps based on the 3.6.9 sexp output, so we finally have an up-to-date web reference for them, including comments, examples and advice for how to use a couple of the more interesting ones effectively.